Beetroot White Chia Breakfast Jar. Beets are astonishingly healthy and who knew they could be a perfect breakfast partner. They can, in a breakfast jar, or parfait. Simple steam, boil or buy them ready made, or buy beetroot powder, and use it in yogurt or another creamy base to produce the happiest pink layers ever (next to pitaya layers of course).
This recipe also has fiber and perfect protein from chia seeds, using white this time, to preserve the lovely pink color. Black and white chia seeds have the same nutritional panel.
I hope you enjoy my breakfast jar, and may the color boost your mood, and the nutrition your energy and health!
makes about 2 1-cup jars
- 2 cups plant yogurt – Here is my recipe for coconut yogurt or you can buy your preferred yogurt)
- 1 cup cooked beets, or 2 tsp beetroot powder (I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 tbsp white chia (I use this brand)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsps baobab powder (I use this brand)