Chai Chocolate Crumble Raspberry Parfait !! Yes that is a mouthful to say AND to eat! The layers use at least three different recipes and use raspberries three ways. Is this tasty? Yes! Is it healthy? Cashews, raspberries, dark chocolate, buckwheat..any one of these ingredients is rich in nutritional value. Visit my IG posts for more detail on the health value of these ingredients!
CHAI CHOCOLATE CRUMBLE LAYER
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup 85% vegan dark chocolate (I use this brand)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp each cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, fennel, ginger, pinch of cloves
- pinch of pink Himalayan salt
- Instructions: Process, layer, yum!
RASPBERRY STEWED FRUIT COMPOTE
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/4 fresh beet juice
- 2 pitted cherries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Instructions: Mush with fork, simmer 2 mins, served cooled.
RASPBERRY CASHEW CREAM
- 1 cup soaked, drained cashews
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Instructions: Blend, refrigerate, enjoy.
This elegant layering adventure starts off by soaking cashews the night before, and blending away the next day with raspberries to make a luscious healthy raspberry cashew cream. Next, we pulsed a mix of vegan dark chocolate with chai spices and more for a fun crunchy chocolatey surprise layer. Added a few other random layers of buckwheat, granola and even a dash of plant-based yogurt. Back to raspberries again, stewing this time, up a compote in beet and lemon juice (tho any fruit juice will do) and last but not least, we piled on a stash of fresh whole raspberries. Serve chilled! Enjoy!