But one cannot live by smoothies alone, so waffles are the perfect substantive meal solution.
And these waffles can be used as toasts, so think afternoon pick-me-up, as well as breakfast, brunch and dinner.
This recipe also includes my all time fav pick-me-up, my 3-minute healthy chocolate sauce. I will present the recipe again here, this time with a coffee-flavor, even though it has it’s own post under how-tos.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Oh, and perfect to post today because it happens to be International Waffle Day!
Waffles, makes 2-4
- 1 banana
- 1/4 cup hazelnut flour
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla cream (I use this brand)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup nut milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of ground cardamom
- pinch of salt
Chocolate Sauce, makes 1 cup
- 2/3 cup cacao powder (I use this brand)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (refined is less nutritious, so use virgin if you can. And try to buy fair trade.
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (you can use extract, but be careful of adding too much of an alcohol-based ingredient or the chocolate will break)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cold-brew coffee (but make sure it is room-temp to keep chocolate from curdling)
To make the chocolate sauce, stir up all ingredients in a bowl. Works best when all ingredients are at room-temp. Play with adding or subtracting both the cacao powder and coconut oil to reach the consistency you want. Once smoothie, spread on cooled waffles and dot with fruit!
Comment here or tag me on Instagram if you make the recipe! And if you want to share, pin the image below or use the sharing tabs! Thank you!