For 1 cup latte :
- 1 cup nut milk (I used homemade almond)
- 1 cup organic pumpkin puree (I used brand Farmer’s Market)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp Baobab powder (superfood enrichment)
- 2 tsp maple syrup (adjust for desired sweetness)
- 3/4 cup 70%-cacao or higher quality dark chocolate (I use this vegan brand)
- OPTIONAL: 3 tbsp expresso coffee (pumpkin lattes can be coffee free however, it is a thing!)
Melt the 1/2 cup chocolate and 1 tbsp coconut oil in a pan or bowl over a pan of simmering water. Pour the melted chocolate into a glass and swirl so it coats halfway up the sides of the glass. Refrigerate the glass while you make the latte.
Mix the remaining ingredients in a blender and warm the latte in a saucepan until just warm. Pour into the chocolate-coated glass, sprinkle with cinnamon, or if you have a frother, make a nut milk froth to top it with, serve the drink immediately because the warmth melts the chocolate into the latte.