Chocolate Quinoa Oats Breakfast Bowl Terrific breakfast option, made as chilled overnight oats in a bowl with coconut yogurt. The quinoa makes it high in protein, the oats pack it with more nutrition and fiber, and the cacao hikes your mood! Make it the night before and grab it out of the refrigerator in the morning. Get ready for a great day! Oh, and you can make it from scratch using the recipe below, or use iheartkeenwah.com ‘s great cereals and toasted quinoa out of the package ! #notsponsored #justlove !
Want more overnight oat breakfast options? Visit my Seven Ultimate Overnight Oats Recipes post here!
makes about 1 breakfast bowl
- 3/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats (I use this gluten-free brand)
- 1/4 cup cooked cooked quinoa (I use this brand) (To cook quinoa simmer 1-part rinsed quinoa in 2-parts water for 15 minutes – rinsing dry quinoa removes any bitter coating on the seed – I make it ahead and freeze it in 1/4 cup bags to add to parfaits and smoothies)
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1 tbsp Lucuma powder (a superfood root that sweetens like nutritional candy – I use this brand)
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs (adds healthy chocolatey crunch!) (I use this brand)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (depending on how sweet you want it)