Chocolate Vegan Whoopie Pies. Not the easiest vegan cake recipe you’ll undertake, but it is SO worth it. It is like dense devils food cake only vegan and healthy! Unbelievably dense. Want to make them Red Velvet flavored? Try my red velvet vegan whoopie recipe. Either way, you’ll have vegan whoopie pies in your life!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Mix the dry ingredients, and then mix the wet ingredients and then combine. Use a mixer or stir by hand. Either plop big tablespoon-fuls of batter on to a cookie sheet with a teflon coating allowing space for 2-4-inch spreading, or use a whoopie pie pan such as this one here.
Bake for 15 minutes, until edges seem dry and they feel like they’d slide off the cookie sheet with a spatula easily.
Mix the frosting by blending frosting ingredients until smooth. Spread a layer on one cake, and sandwich with another; to decorate with spider webs, fill a plastic bag with the writing frosting, snip a tiny corner and pip the webs. Happy Halloween!
(Makes 4-8 Indiv pies)
Dark Vegan Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup nut milk activated 10 min with 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup fruit puree (I blended a peeled sweet apple and banana)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (I use this brand)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup flour (I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (I use this brand)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (I use this brand)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch tsp salt
White Fluffy Coconut Cream Filling
- 1 14 ounce can coconut cream (I use this brand)
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
White Writing Icing
- 1/2 14 ounce can coconut cream (I use this brand)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- pinch of salt