Citrus Cranberry Compote Macadamian Overnight Oats! Cranberries are bursting with phytonutrients that provide antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and anti-cancer protection! And a good dose of vitamin C for immunity and vitamin E for skin! Macadamian have awesomely healthy fat. Add the fiber and protein from the other ingredients, and this is a very nutritious breakfast or snack. It is also SO delicious with the tart cranberries and creamy macadamian flavor. And this recipe is a great way to use up some of those leftover holiday cranberries.
- 2 cups rolled oats (I use this brand)
- 1 cup nut milk
- 1 tsp maca powder (for extra energy, I use this brand)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp hemp hearts (for extra protein, I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup stewed cranberries with 1 tbsp chopped oranges
- 2 tbsp crushed macadamian nuts (to stir into oats, and to top as a crumble)
- berries for toppings
The night before put rolled oats, milk, superfoods, maple syrup and macadamian nuts in a jar, stir up and leave cover in the refrigerator overnight if you can. Next day, stew up a half cup of fresh cranberries by pan-bubbling with a few chopped oranges, only until warm. You can also just heat up left over cranberry sauce if you have it. Build layers, top with more crushed macadamians and fruit. I love eating this with the compote warm, and the oats cold, but you can go either way. Enjoy!