Dark Fudge Protein Smoothie Bowl. I make this on a Sunday and use it for two days worth of smoothies. So rich, filling and energizing. Perfect to start a day where you need a lot of energy! There is so much nutrition in every ingredient, too much to list! Trust me, you need this once a week. If the date paste is too time-consuming to make, substitute 1 large frozen banana. I make my date paste a few weeks in advance, and store in frig.
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 can coconut milk (liquid and cream) or nut milk
- 1 cup homemade date paste (my recipe below*) or 1 large frozen banana
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp Maca powder (I use this brand)
- 1 scoop hemp protein powder ( I love this brand)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (I use this brand)
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs (optional)
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
Blend, add toppings, enjoy!
*Date Paste How-to: Soak 1 cup raw medjol dates in water over night; pit, blend with 1 tbsp lemon juice. For recipes, 1 tbsp of paste equals 1 date. Keeps 1 week in frig.