(2 cups of icing)
- 4 cups vegan powdered sugar (I used this brand, vegan means no bone-char)
- 3/4 cup vegan butter, soft
- 4 tbsp plant milk (or amount needed to achieve desired texture)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp beetroot powder (I use this brand)(Make beetroot juice by adding 2 tsps powder to 1 cup water and keep refrigerated)
- 1/4 dark chocolate bar, melted (86% cacao or higher) (I use this vegan brand)
To Make Three Colors:
Plain White Icing: Just set aside 1/2 cup of the finished icing,
Chocolate Icing: Melt the chocolate carefully in the microwave – do not burn! Start at 5 seconds at a time..you can of course use a double boiler to melt it as well.
Or you can make the whole batch of icing as chocolate, and save in the refrigerator for later projects. To turn this whole batch into chocolate, use 1 (3.17 ounce) chocolate bar, melted, and reduce butter to 1/2 cup. Combine the chocolate and butter, before adding to the sugar.
Pink Icing: add 1/2 tsp beetroot juice (or more to deepen shade) to another 1/2 cup of white icing for pink.
Comment here or tag me on Instagram if you make any of these recipes! And if you want to share, use the sharing tabs above and below the recipe! Thank you!