Unicorn Blue Chia Parfaits. Color spectrum parfait! Beetroot brings provides folate and fiber, Spirulina brings calcium and protein, Matcha brings antioxidants, vitamin c and more. How healthy can this get! And so pretty to look at, that’s the beauty of the colorful healthy food trend.
Also, note the macadamian nut milk – in a word, macadamians may be expensive, but the nut is so important to your healthy because it is one of the few foods with a proper ratio of Omega 3 vs Omega 6. Some foods have more of one or the other, but that is actually unhealthy – it is best to have either a 1:1 or 1:4 ratio and macadamians give you that 1:4. Make the milk as you would cashew milk – blend up 1 cup of water and 1 cup of macadamian nuts – buy them at your local market or affordably here – and no need to strain, just drink!
Have I convinced you? I hope you enjoy a colorful day!
makes about 2 1-cup parfaits
- 1 cup macadamian nut milk (or another plant milk)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (I use this brand, so much more flavorful than extract)
- 1 tbsp white chia seeds
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- Pink : 1 tsp of raw beet puree (blend up a peeled small beet with 1 cup water)
- Green : 1 tsp Matcha (I used this brand – Aiya, read up on the brand here: Aiya-America.com)
- Blue : 1 tsp Blue Majik spirulina (Blue Majik is a trendy new strain of spirulina making the news as the most pure, not sure if that’s true but a neighbor gave me some to try and I used it in this parfait and a smoothie and it felt awesome!)