I revamped this recipe to dramatically reduce the number of ingredients AND the speed and ease of method! Now I can get to these cups faster and me and my family are so so happy!
makes 12 standard cupcake-sized cups
- 5 3.5 oz vegan chocolate bars, chopped (I use this brand, PETA says its vegan)
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
Whipped Vanilla Cream Center
1. Refrigerate the 2 cans of coconut cream overnight
2. Blend with sugar, vanilla paste and coconut butter until stiff and creamy. Taste test for sweetness to your liking.
3. Refrigerate while you make the chocolate.
1. Melt the broken chocolate in double boiler or a pan in a pan of boiling water. Stir in coconut oil.
2. Fill a 12-cup standard cupcake pan with cupcake liners. Then spoon a few tbsp of liquid chocolate shell into each cup, tipping pan to coat the sides. The chocolate will harden very fast, so tip fast! I do two coatings, letting the first coat solidify – so the wall is thick enough to hold the cream.
TIP: Hold back enough melted chocolate to pour a little cover on all cups.
1. Refrigerate the cupcake pan of chocolate-coated cups for 15 minutes to set. Then use an ice cream scoop to add the vanilla cream to fill each cup.
2. Then spoon on top of each cup a layer of the melted remaining chocolate shell.
3. Set the cups in the freezer for an hour or more to solidify the vanilla cream. But beware the freezer dulls chocolate. Keep refrigerated or even frozen if they seem to melt in the frig.
4. Peel off the foil to serve. Serve cups whole, or slice. Enjoy and prepare for a chocolate party in your mouth.