Acai Blackberry Citrus Smoothie. Introducing our limited ingredient Acai Blackberry Smoothie! I love these Ltd smoothie recipes: 3-ingredients or less and so simple to make. Acai, the featured superfood ingredient iin this recipe, is a berry from South America that is rich in antioxidants and one that some experts say helps support weight loss by reducing the appetite and increasing energy. This powerful berry also provides vitamins A and C, Omega-3 which supports the brain and heart, as well as calcium and potassium. Acai imparts a flavor similar to a mix of berry and chocolate, and pairs well with the intense blackberry and the lemon brightens the whole package. We invite you to love this smoothie!
Acai Blackberry Citrus Smoothie
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups water iced or not
- 2 cups frozen blackberries
- 1 pear peeled
- 3 tbsp Acai powder (I use this brand )
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Optional: chia seeds hemp hearts, berries, 1 handful of spinach or kale
- Glass straw (I use this brand)
- To your high-speed blender, add the water, and any greens, blend smooth. If you have a Blendtec, run the "Smoothie" cycle once. This pulverizes the greens to ensure a smooth final texture. Then add remaining ingredients, blend again until smoothie. We highly recommend drinking with a glass straw, better for the environment, and easier to get a thick smoothie through a straw.