Blueberry Antioxidant Super Smoothie Bowls. If you want a fast berry bowl that will boost concentration, help weight-loss, fight anti-aging and disease, among other issues, this is it! With the help of four superfoods:
1. Maqui berry powder, a Chilean berry that is one of the most antioxidant-rich foods, as well as known for powerful levels of vitamin C, calcium, iron and potassium, and rich in anti-aging anthocyanins, and anti-inflammatory compounds.
2. Hemp seeds, long since considered a perfect protein, and a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, great for memory and cognition.
3. Goji berries, a superfood berry from south of China with unbelievable benefits, including mood boost, fertility boost, disease protection, skin and eye health boost, blood sugar and cholesterol balancer, more vitamin c than an orange, and one of the few fruits that provide protein, in fact the 11 amino acids that are essential but that the body can’t make.
4. Organic blueberries, our favorite berry, is considered to have one of the highest levels of antioxidants, as well as Vitamin K, C and Manganese. This powerful berry combats aging, boosts brain power, fights cancer, supports digestion, promotes heart health, clears skin, and supports weight loss by controlling appetite. Try to buy organic, however. Blueberries are 20th on the EWG list of fruits that contain insecticides so it is best to buy berries, all berries in fact, organic or local.
And eat slowly and make it pretty, remember? Pretty bowls actually make you eat slower, and that helps you control weight as well. Wishing you a lovely morning!
makes about 5 cups
- 4 cups plant yogurt
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tbsp maqui berry powder (I use this brand)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds (I use this brand)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp goji berries (I use this brand)
Dee Dine is founder of Green Smoothie Gourmet, a plant based recipe blog, and author of the recent cookbook, Crazy Healthy with 4 Ingredients . On this blog you’ll find incredibly easy recipes with hidden veggies for anyone wanting to eat healthier, regardless of diet. Dee has graduate degrees in sciences and journalism. More about Dee Dine here.