An incredible vegan tiramisu for chocolate lovers that is made with layers of dairy-free macadamian “mascarpone” cream, date-made caramel and drizzle with healthy homemade chocolate coffee syrup!
Chocolate Caramel Vegan Tiramisu Parfait.
Traditional Tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert made with lady fingers dipped in coffee. Those lady fingers are then layered with a cream made of eggs, sugar, and flavored with cocoa.
My healthy vegan tiramisu recipe uses chocolate and vanilla crumbles, a chocolate syrup tinged with espresso, a vegan mascarpone recipe swirled with cacao, cashew butter, and the biggest star, Macadamian nuts.
The final result is hauntingly flavorful, with several complex chocolate flavors, coffee and smooth velvety crunch, all free from dairy, eggs, refined sugar.
How to Make Vegan Tiramisu
The first time I made this, I used my homemade caramel syrup in the layering (hence the word “caramel” in the title). Since then I have made it many times without that layer. Primarily because I can’t always find fresh medjool dates, and it made the dessert a bit too sweet for me.
Still you might find it a nice addition – I provide that recipe below. Or you can also just use a drizzle of maple syrup as an added topping.
The recipes below tell you how to make from scratch four layers:
1 & 2. the creamy mascarpone (both chocolate and vanilla),
3. the chocolate syrup,
4. and crumbles (both chocolate and vanilla).
A Shortcut to Make Vegan Tiramisu
However, in the interest of reducing your cooking time and ingredients, you can also create your tiramisu by just making the vegan mascarpone (or using softened coconut butter). Then build the parfait layers using your favorite chocolate sauce (add some coffee please). Don’t forget to add crumbled macadamian nuts, and your favorite chocolate cookies, crumbled.
I am always in favor of short-cuts, haha.
If you want another layer option, try my homemade caramel syrup recipe here.
I hope you enjoy my elegant dessert. We have made it in many forms, as individual parfaits, but also as layer no-bake cakes, frozen and served in squares. Hope you enjoy!
If you are on Pinterest, perhaps share this image..
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Chocolate Caramel Vegan Tiramisu
Vegan Mascarpone (vanilla + chocolate versions)
Chocolate Syrup with Coffee
Healthy Vanilla Crumble
- 1-2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/2 cup crushed macadamia nuts
Healthy Chocolate Crumble
Additional Layering Ingredients
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/2 cup crushed macadamia nuts
- - Refrigerate coconut cream cans overnight.
- -15 minutes before you begin recipe, pop your jars of cashew butter, macadamia butter and coconut oil in a pot of boiling water to make them more viscous for use in the recipes.
Make the Vegan Mascarpone:
- Mix ingredients in a blender or food processor until creamy. Split them into two parts - 1/3 and 2/3. Melt the chocolate either in a microwave or on a bowl sitting in boiling water, and stir into one third of your Mascarpone mixture. Put both flavors into the refrigerator to chill while you prepare other layers.
Make the chocolate sauce:
- Stir up the chocolate sauce in a bowl with a spoon until smooth. Do not refrigerate while you make the crumbles.
Make the vanilla crumble:
- Crush the macadamia nuts in a processor or with a mortar and pestal. Stir in the melted cashew butter until you have a crumbly texture.
Make the chocolate crumble:
- When you make the Mascarpone layer, split the cream in half and stir melted chocolate into half to create the chocolate Mascarpone.
Build the parfaits.
- Start with a dollop of the vanilla Mascarpone, sprinkle a 1/4 cup crushed macadamia nuts (as the vanilla crumble base layer), a hefty layer of coffee chocolate sauce, chocolate crumble, chocolate Mascarpone, a dash of cashew butter on the side.
Add more crumble and Mascarpone, and a drizzle of warmed cashew butter.
- Refrigerate 1 hour to chill, serve. Happy Tiramisu to you all!
Dee Dine is founder of Green Smoothie Gourmet, a plant based recipe blog, and author of the recent cookbook, Crazy Healthy with 4 Ingredients . On this blog you’ll find incredibly easy recipes with hidden veggies for anyone wanting to eat healthier, regardless of diet. Dee has graduate degrees in immunological nutritional studies and journalism. More about Dee Dine here.