makes 8 bars
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 tsp plant milk
- 1/8 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (I used this brand for the first time, awesome! You can probably find it at your supermarket. )
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla paste (I use this brand: keeps forever, intense fresh vanilla flavor
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I use this brand – PETA says its vegan!)
Ice Cream (or “nicecream”) – makes 2 1/2 cups
- 4 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (I use this brand) or fresh coconut meat from a Young Thai coconut
- 1/8 cup nut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 cup chunks of homemade cookie dough
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- pinch of salt
I used this silicon mold, and only filled 8 out of 12 slots. To prep the mold, I rubbed inside with coconut oil, and dusted with flour. Too late, I realized I should have dust the bottom with cacao to prevent whitening of the chocolate crust.
To make the cookie dough for the ice cream, blend all cookie dough ingredients, adding the flour last, a little at a time, until mixture is crumbly. Use your fingers to work the chocolate chips in if necessary. Put the mixture in an air-tight container or ziplock bag, and freeze for at least 30 minutes.
To make the ice cream, add all ice cream ingredients to blender, and blend until ultra creamy. Put in a freezer-safe container with lid, or line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spoon ice cream into it, mix in chunks of cookie dough, cover with a layer of parchment and freeze mixture for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
To make the bars, use a blender or processor to blend up the crumble/crust, adding the coconut oil last. Line the mold with about 1/4 inch of the mixture, keep back some to top the bars, and freeze for 30 minutes. Spoon ice cream into slots, filling to the top and sprinkle some crumble/crust on top. Freeze over night, pop the bars out, drizzle with chocolate or not, and enjoy!