The energy bites are my favorite here, they are made from a base of chickpeas and buckwheat flour. Buckwheat is a pseudocereals (like quinoa) that is not a true cereals or grain, thus it is gluten-free and has sky high nutritional benefits, including protein, calcium and a slew of vitamins and minerals. The quinoa crisp dark chocolate cups and vegan shape gingerbread cookie recipes are to come at a future date!
Meanwhile, below find cookie dough bite recipe. You can put them in a smoothie, or eat them alone. You can also dress them like bliss balls and roll them in chocolate or cinnamon, or any other coating!
If you make my tasty healthy treat, come over to Instagram and tag me with it so I can see!
makes 12 1-inch round bites
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour (I use this brand)
- 1/3 cup cashew butter (or sunflower butter to keep it nut-free)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I use this brand)
- 4 bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- [optional] 2 tbsp coffee (I add coffee to deepen chocolate flavors)
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
To make the cookie dough bites, mix up all ingredients (except the chocolate chips) with a handmixer, stir in the chips by hand, then roll into 1 inch round bites, and refrigerate. I keep ours in an airtight container for about 1 week.
Bon appetite! Share this recipe using sharing buttons above!