Cinnamon Spice Chickpea Donuts (vegan, dairy-free, refined-sugar-free)
- 1 can 15 oz chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose baking flour
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1 flax egg 1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of salt
Chocolate Glaze (or just melt a chocolate bar)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- Make the flax egg and set aside to for 10 minutes. Preheat oven for 350 F degrees.
- Lightly grease donut pan - sometimes I use coconut oil but that does make the donuts greasy so I am thinking of trying next time putting no coating since my the mold has a smooth coating.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add in the wet and add mixture to a food processor or blender, and process until just creamy.
- Spoon donut batter into rings, filling to the top.
- Bake 15 minutes until golden and a test toothpick comes out dry. Tip donuts onto a cooking rack. When cooled, make the glaze, put it in a bowl, and dip the donuts. I have also simply melted a 72% chocolate bar to coat them with. Enjoy!