- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup baking flour (I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla powder (I use this brand)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar (I use this brand)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of salt
Chocolate Glaze (or just melt a chocolate bar)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- I use this donut mold
2. Lightly grease donut pan – sometimes I use coconut oil but that does make the donuts greasy so I am thinking of trying next time putting no coating since my the mold has a smooth coating.
3. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add in the wet and stir up into a smooth batter.
4. Spoon donut batter into rings, filling to the top.
5. Bake 15 minutes until golden and a test toothpick comes out dry. Tip donuts onto a cooking rack. When cooled, make the glaze, put it in a bowl, and dip the donuts. I have also simply melted a 72% chocolate bar to coat them with. Enjoy!