Cinnamon Vanilla Protein No-Churn Ice Cream (dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, workout-snack)
Ice cream can be made so healthy. It’s easy, and to make it no-churn as well is a dream, isn’t it?
This one is right up there. First the healthy – bananas provide potassium, cinnamon is a powerful spice that balances blood sugar, and vanilla, well it tastes great doesn’t it?
Anyway, beyond bananas, cinnamon and vanilla, this dessert has a ton of protein because I added a high quality vegan protein drink. You can add your favorite protein powder too, or leave it off.
Adding the protein makes this a terrific post-workout snack, but it’s not essential.
I hope you love this recipe!
- 4 bananas frozen, chopped
- 1/2 cup protein drink (or substitute plant milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla (I use paste but you can use extract or powder)
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut cream Use only the solid portion
To make the ice cream, add all ice cream ingredients to blender, and blend until ultra creamy.
- Put in a freezer-safe container with lid, or line a loaf pan with parchment paper and spoon ice cream into it, cover with a layer of parchment and freeze mixture for at least 2 hours (for soft serve), or overnight for harder ice cream. (For the latter, you might have to chop and blend again to create a scoopable texture)