Simple and yet so nutritiously powerful! The cream is basically whipped cashews, and the chocolate sauce made of raw cacao powder. Together these two ingredients give you a huge antioxidant-boost!
Creamy parfaits are very filling for breakfast. Filled with healthy fats, they carry you through the morning, though we usually also have a side of fruit or fresh juice as well.
NUT-FREE, LOW-CARB Option:
Want to make it nut-free or lower in carbs, try it with hemp cream instead of cashew cream. Hemp seeds have a nice balance of protein and quality fat but are low in carbs. Here is one hemp seed cream parfait recipe of mine that uses sweet cream made from hemp seeds!
Tag me on Instagram and use my hashtag #greensmoothiegourmet for a possible story share if you make and post my recipes!
makes 1 large parfait
For the cashew cream
- 2 cups cashews, soaked at least 30 min
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or 1 medjool date)
- pinch of vanilla powder
For the fudge ripple
- 3 tbsp coconut butter, melted (I use this brand or use coconut oil instead for a more liquid fudge)
- 1/3 cups plant milk
- 1/3 cups maple syrup
- 1/3 cups cacao powder (I use this brand)
3. With a bowl and spoon, stir up the fudge ripple ingredients until smooth. Add a touch of coconut oil if it doesn’t seem smooth enough – this will be driven by the dryness of your coconut butter brand.
4. Stir some fudge into the cashew cream, and spoon some on your parfait glass sides. Then pour the cream into the glasses and serve! Any leftover cashew cream stores up to 2 days covered in refrigerator!
Good luck and tag me on Instagram and use my hashtag #greensmoothiegourmet if you make it! Or share to other social media using the share buttons, thank you!