Mango marmalade is a fresh and fruit-sweetened marmalade to use for breakfast with muesli, or as a glaze for main meal recipes, or a healthy dip for veggies or spring rolls or wings. Only 3-ingredients!
Mango Marmalade Smoothie with Tropical Muesli
Mango marmalade seemed like a good idea. Tropical fever hit our house this week because warmer temps fell upon us for a few days in a row.
Excited for summer, I pushed things. And slipped into flip flops, and proceeded to make these mango marmalade and stirred it in muesli-layered yogurt smoothies! My husband was giving me side-eye like crazy, haha!
The marmalade itself was like a burst of sunshine, but mixed with this fruity complex muesli, and breakfast became a veritable explosion of tropical fruitiness and crunch.
How Healthy is Mango Marmalade?
Mango, the primary ingredient in this marmalade is incredibly healthy.
You probably are familiar with the typical marmalade . It's made from a fruit puree boiled in sugar and water.
You can guess I did not make a typical marmalade here. No added sugar. Just sweet mango, even sweeter and tangy pineapple, and carrot to dim the sweetness and up the immuity powers. Did you know that carrots are an anti-septic to your insides?
But the mango is the bulk of this marmalade and it brings considerable nutrition.
It's low in calories, yet high in vitamins A and C. It also contains folate, B6, iron and a little calcium, zinc and vitamin E. And mangoes are a terrific source of antioxidants.
And it's texture is perfect for the muddling needed to create a creamy yet textured marmalade.
The nutrition of this breakfast jar rises further with the addition of the protein-rich yogurt you choose, and this awesome muesli.
The muesli, actually Bob's Red Mill's tropical muesli flavor, provides a terrific mix of fruit and crunch. And additional nutrition!
How Healthy are Rolled Oats?
Rolled oats - which are in abundance in this muesli - in general are terrifically nutritious, with healthy soluble fiber, antioxidants, loads of vitamins and minerals including B1 and B5, as well as potassium and calcium.
And this particular muesli flavor is also the perfect compliment to my mango marmalade smoothie because it is so tropical, full of tropical dried fruits as well as coconut flakes, nuts, and seeds.
The tropical theme continues the spritz of lemon and lime. A fresh vacation for breakfast!
But don't stop there. This marmalade can be used in so many ways: a glaze for meal prep, or a healthy dip for veggies or spring rolls or wings. And it is only 3-ingredients!
Let's move on to this recipe! If you are on pinterest, perhaps share this image with friends who might like this marmalade..
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Mango Marmalade with Tropical Muesli
- 1 cup chopped mango
- ¼ cup sliced carrots
- ¼ cup pineapple
- 1 cup plant yogurt (I used coconut)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp baobab powder A superfood that boosts vitamin C levels
- 1 canister of Bob's Red Mill's Tropical Muesli
- 3 tbsp coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp chopped raspberries
- 2 tbsp chopped pineapple
Make the Marmalade
- Blend up the mango, carrots and pineapple until mixed but lumpy. Add some water but not enough to make it pourable; you want it spoonable. Stir in lemon juice.
Make the Citrus Yogurt
- Blend up yogurt, lemon juice, and baobab.
Make the Museli
- Open the canister, peel off the top and (optional) stir in the extra ingredients.
- You can choose to top your smoothie with the muesli dry or you can prepare it as cold oatmeal or even overnight oatmeal (if you prepare it the night before) by following package instructions.
Build the Mango Marmalade
- Spoon the smoothie into a jar, top with a layer of citrus yogurt and then the tropical muesli! Enjoy chilled!
Other Uses for Mango Marmalade
- Use as a meal-prep marinade. I smear it on cauliflower steaks, let it marinate overnight and grill or roast the next day, yum!Or smear on toast or a bagel ! It's a terrific spread.Or use a dip for raw or steamed vegetables or spring rolls!
Thank you Bob's Red Mill for sponsoring this post. The recipe, ideas, content and opinions expressed here are all my own. I do recommend you try raw desserts with Bob's Red Mill products, you will be so inspired by all their healthy unique products!