I already shared with you a multitasking recipe here, using it for both lemon meyer breakfast tarts and a base and crumble for healthy nice cream bars.
As I’ve said before, in this multi-tasking world where healthy ingredients are hard to find and expensive, and our food-prep time is limited, it only makes sense to be able to make a recipe once and use it for two or more different dishes, don’t you agree?
The struggle to find time to eat well is real! I personally was just thinking I’m hungry, but what to grab? I only have two minutes before having to run an errand. I could grab a cookie. Someone bought a processed bag of cookies that’s sitting on our the counter. (Who bought that?😏😣☹️)
But nope, I’d feel terrible eating one of those, especially for a meal, and so do you know what I did? I grabbed a red pepper, and an avo and a cracker, sprinkled on some sesame seeds, and had a fast snack which I ate in a few minutes with cucumber water sitting chilling the frig. All healthy and fast. And I felt great after. I don’t always have the discipline to do that, but it’s always a goal for myself, family and you!
So here is one of my favorite recipe posts that I have shared with other Moms on kid-friendly sites, but which also can be used for adults and young adults and anyone in between : Melon Yogurt Parfait Pops and Melon Yogurt Smoothie Bowls topped with fruits. And it is SO very festive, can be used for kid’s craft parties, and the whole idea is suitable for a summer party! Don’t you agree? Tell me in comments!
Makes 6 pops, 1 smoothie bowl
Melon Yogurt Mixture
- 3 cups plant yogurt (TIP: Want to make it yourself? Make coconut yogurt by blending 1 1/2 cup fresh coconut flakes or shredded (unsweetened, organic) (I use this brand) with 1-2 cups water (aim for creamy) , 1 tbsp maple syrup or more, and break open a probiotic capsule into the mix, stir, chill and ready!)
- 1/2 cup cantelope
- 1/2 cup watermelon
- 1/2 cup honeydew
- Juice from 1 lime
- 2 tbs Baobab powder (I use this brand)
- 2 tbs Hemp Hearts (I use this brand)
NOTE: You will also want extra melon: a few thin slices to make cookie-cutter cutouts, and at least 1 cup of chopped mix of melon to mix into yogurt for the pops.
Melon Yogurt Parfait Pops
- 2 cups melon yogurt recipe
- 1 cup chopped melon, variety
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers (I use this accidental vegan brand) Want to know other accidental vegan brands? View PETA’s list here.
- 1 box 3 oz. paper cups as molds (I use this brand) KID-FRIENDLY-TIP: Have them color these white cups before creating pops!
- 1 package wooden popsicle sticks (I use this brand)
How to Make Melon Yogurt Smoothie Bowl, Use mini cookie cutters to cut stars, hearts and other shapes out of the melon slices. Toss a few remaining melon remnants into a blender along with yogurt, and blend again until smooth or chunky, your preference. Pour into a bowl, sprinkle with cut out melons, other fresh fruits and granola.
Dee Dine is the recipe developer and writer behind Green Smoothie Gourmet. She shares her super healthy wholesome recipes on her blog and her Instagram that she feeds her family and friends. She gravitates toward recipes that are fast to create, plant-based, nutritious, easy, and use familiar ingredients. And chocolate is always a good idea! More about Dee.