Perfect Vegan Vanilla Cupcake Recipe – dairy-free, gluten-free, allergy-free
I think I might have half a dozen cupcake recipes on the blog, and yet not one — until now – is a vanilla cupcake recipe.
There was a reason. Chocolate cake recipes — which most of my cupcake recipes are — pass recipe testing easier and are more forgiving when other flavors are introduced such as cardamom here and black cocoa here.
Vanilla, oddly enough, is harder to get right.
The type of vanilla used certainly matters, if you want the perfect cupcake. To start, I strongly recommend using vanilla paste which is like using scraped-out fresh vanilla beans without the cost and inconvenience.
But if the cost of paste is prohibitive, than a quality vanilla powder is fine and I suggest this high quality brand.
Quality vanilla, along with the addition of yogurt I think are the reasons this vanilla cupcake recipe came out perfect – three times!
So I do hope you try this recipe and please let me know if you do. It is truly a winner, and a recipe to keep for years in your recipe folder. Let me know if you make it and customize it to make it your own.
I topped my cuppies here with my favorite dark fudge frosting recipe, swapping in half black cocoa for the cacao, and the last of the season’s cherries!
Perfect Vegan Vanilla Cupcake Recipe - dairy-free, gluten-free, allergy-free
Fluffy, light and vegan - the only vanilla cupcake recipe you will ever need.
Large baking bowl
In 2-cup measuring cup
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup plant yogurt I used coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper cups
- Mix up the dry ingredients in the large baking bowl.
- Stir up the wet ingredients in the measuring cup.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently stir them together until creamy.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups, filling about 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a tester comes clean. Remove pan from oven and let cool 10 minutes before removing cups from the pan and let them cool completely.
- Then apply icing.