Pretty Purple Sweet Potato Parfait.
Say that three times fast! Isn’t that color amazing? I was so excited to finally find purple sweet potatoes and decided it was high time I made a purple smoothie parfait. And, as if one veggie wasn’t enough in my breakfast parfait, I added cauliflower, so go figure — dinner for breakfast! It’s quite easy to pop neutral veggies into smoothies as long as you have enough frosty berries to provide flavor – cauliflower and zucchini work of course. Purple sweet potato is extra fun because it adds a gorgeous purple color.
And the addition of a bit of yogurt made this one a creamy sweet dream, so it was more like dessert for breakfast. Of course it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and fits most diets that allow veggies for breakfast! Hope you like it!
Pretty Purple Sweet Potato Parfait (a cauliflower + sweet potato smoothie)
- 10 little purple sweet potatoes boiled, peeled, mashed with fork
- 2-3 florets of cauliflower steamed or raw
- 2 cups coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-4 tbsp plant milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Boil purple sweet potatoes about 20 minutes, let them cool, peel off skin, and mash with fork.
- Blend up sweet potato mash, cauliflower, yogurt, syrup, and blueberries until creamy. Add milk to adjust to the consistency you want.
- Build your parfaits on a layer of popped quinoa, more yogurt, berries, your sweet potato-cauliflower-blueberry smoothie, and cacao nibs.