Pretty Purple Sweet Potato Parfait.
Say that three times fast! Isn’t that color amazing? I was so excited to finally find purple sweet potatoes and decided it was high time I made a purple smoothie parfait. And, as if one veggie wasn’t enough in my breakfast parfait, I added cauliflower, so go figure — dinner for breakfast! It’s quite easy to pop neutral veggies into smoothies as long as you have enough frosty berries to provide flavor – cauliflower and zucchini work of course. Purple sweet potato is extra fun because it adds a gorgeous purple color.
And the addition of a bit of yogurt made this one a creamy sweet dream, so it was more like dessert for breakfast. Of course it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo and fits most diets that allow veggies for breakfast! Hope you like it!
Pretty Purple Sweet Potato Parfait (a cauliflower + sweet potato smoothie)
- 10 little purple sweet potatoes boiled, peeled, mashed with fork
- 2-3 florets of cauliflower steamed or raw
- 2 cups coconut yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2-4 tbsp plant milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Boil purple sweet potatoes about 20 minutes, let them cool, peel off skin, and mash with fork.
- Blend up sweet potato mash, cauliflower, yogurt, syrup, and blueberries until creamy. Add milk to adjust to the consistency you want.
- Build your parfaits on a layer of popped quinoa, more yogurt, berries, your sweet potato-cauliflower-blueberry smoothie, and cacao nibs.
Dee Dine is the recipe developer and writer behind Green Smoothie Gourmet. She shares her super healthy wholesome recipes on her blog and her Instagram that she feeds her family and friends. She gravitates toward recipes that are fast to create, plant-based, nutritious, easy, and use familiar ingredients. And chocolate is always a good idea! More about Dee.