Raspberry Spiced Oats Nicecream.
Nicecream is already magical – healthy ice cream just by blending bananas – but add in spices and oatmeal, and it transcends time. You might have seen my Strawberry Vanilla Cardamom Nicecream recipe.. Well, here is a variation with raspberries, oatmeal and cinnamon.
The combo of raspberry and cinnamon creates a flavor that is haunting and, if you didn’t know it was there, you’d not be able to quite put your finger on it, but you would remember it for days…”now what was that flavor in that nicecream?.” And the gluten-free rolled oats add heft and nutrition so you are covered for your morning energy needs.
Perfect breakfast, fruit, spicy, cool and creamy. And you know the cinnamon controls sugar jolts so if bananas are a bit sweet for you, cinnamon is the perfect addition. Dessert for breakfast at its frosty finest.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, and as with most of my recipes, comment here or on Instagram if you want an idea for a substitution. Perfect way to start a memorable day.
makes 2 smoothie bowls
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 5 frozen bananas (I peel and slice into coins before freezing to save my blender)
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats (I use this gluten-free brand)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (I love this fair trade brand)
- 1 pinch of cardamom (I love this fair trade brand)
- 1 tbsp vanilla paste (Invest in a jar, refrigerate it, and use half the amount in recipes calling for extract – the flavor is so much fresher because it is literally vanilla beans scraped from a pod – I use this brand)