These vegan lemon tarts are no bake, high fiber with an oat flour crust, and elegant with lavender, and vegan, dairy-free and nutritious as well as perfect for a brunch or dessert.
Vegan Lemon Tarts
These no bake vegan lemon tarts are an elegant addition to any garden party or holiday brunch. The lavender and citrus notes make it both bright and calming.
Don't have a garden party or brunch planned?
That's okay, it can also be eaten as a fresh creamy afternoon snack.
What is a Vegan Lemon Tart Made Of?
Basically my vegan lemon tarts are made of oats and coconut oil in the crust, and fresh lemons and full fat coconut milk in the filling. The ingredients provide a dessert that is not only delicious and brightly lemon in flavor, but also high in healthy fats, and vitamin C. That's not all in the immunity department either.
The yellow color here is enhance with turmeric, a spice that is a powerful anti-inflammatory and a strong antioxidant.
So this tart is a powerhouse of nutrition as well as being as pretty as a teacup! You could even present it as a homemade gift.
A welcome elegant gift it would be too, especially because of the addition of the lavender.
How Healthy is Lavender?
Not only are these tarts rich in energy-sustaining ingredients noted above, they are boosted nutritionally by lavender.
Lavender oil is high in the ability to cleanse, and has huge amounts of vitamin C. It is also known to eliminate nervous tension, relieve pain, disinfect skin, and enhance blood circulation.
How Do You Make Vegan Lemon Tarts From Scratch?
It is quite easy, actually. You start by blitzing the crust in a blender, press it into prepped pans, and chill. The tart shell is actually amazing.
It has the texture of a traditional pie crust - kind of flaky, kind of crumbly - but no baking or dairy involved. And fool-proof, because of a trick I share to remove them from tart pans, and because they are very sturdy even filled.
How Long Will Vegan Lemon Tarts Keep in Fridge?
I wouldn't keep them overnight or the crust will in fact be soggy. You can make them ahead and freeze them, for a month, completely wrapped and sealed.
Thaw about one hour before serving and dollop on whipped cream and a lemon or lime triangle just before serving.
Interested in sharing on pinterest? Use this image...
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
No-Bake Vegan Lemon Tarts With Lavender
Lemon Lavender Cream
Make the Crust
- Use a high-speed blender to blend up all ingredients for the shells, adding the coconut oil last. I left these rather sweet-free, more pie-crust-like, but if you want to sweeten, add some coconut sugar to taste.
- Regarding easy of removal from pans, the fine grind I was able to achieve with my high speed blender made these shells very easy to remove, but an additional trick I'll share with you is to grease each tart pan with coconut oil, and dust with coconut or almond flour.
- Then press the mixture into tart pans, and freeze for 30 minutes. Make sure they are firm to touch. After 30 minutes, remove tarts from pans, ready to fill. Very important step, removing the tarts from pans before you fill. I forgot that step in a first try, and it wasn't pretty.😎
Make the Lemon Tart Filling
- Blend all ingredients for the lemon lavender cream. Add in the turmeric last. Just a pinch to make the mixture a lemony yellow. Blend until of uniform color.
- Pour mixture into tart pans. Refrigerate tarts for at least 30 minutes before eating.
- Garnish with lemon triangles, lemon rind curls, a sprinkle of lavender buds and enjoy!