Delicious sweet potato, kale and chickpea tandoori recipe. An easy whole food dinner ready in a breeze, including a carb, a leafy green and a protein.
Roasted Sweet Potato, Kale & Chickpea Tandoori Recipe
Tandoori Recipe! Dinner is served! This whole food, spicy dinner is easy peasy.
Just roast sweet potatoes, purple onion, kale and crispy chickpeas and tandoori spices. Hearty, full of flavor, yet super easy!
What is Tandoori Spice?
Tandoori spices vary a bit, but typically are a mix of:
- garam masala
- cayenne pepper
What does a Tandoori Recipe Taste Like?
The taste of tandoori spiced foods are typically spicy and unique.
Can You Substitute Tandoori Spice?
If you don't have the spices that make up Tandoori, sometimes a simple curry spice will be close.
Are Chickpeas Healthy?
Chickpeas make up the protein in this dish and are considered to be packed with nutrients. High in protein, these beans are considered to be a top source of vitamins, minerals and fiber that improve digestion, aid in weight management and reduce disease. A dinner based on these beans is highly nutritious. And this recipe is especially perfect to use with chickpeas, because the blank palate of beans absorbs the tandoori flavor nicely.
Other Recipes to Try
Seven Lemon Water Recipes
Healthy Homemade Marzipan Recipe
Making Smoothies As Ice Cubes
5 Blender Wellness Shots
2-Ingredient Fruit Smoothies
Interested in sharing on pinterest? Perhaps use this image...
Don't miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
If you try my recipes, please leave a comment and rating below and tag me on your Instagram or Facebook post with @greensmoothiegourmet and #greensmoothiegourmet so I can see and share your remakes!!
Sweet Potato, Kale & Chickpea Tandoori Recipe
- 2 cups sweet potatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 3 tsp tandoori masala spice blend
- 4 cups kale
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp tandoori masala spice blend
- 3 tbsp lime juice
Roast the Sweet Potatoes & Chickpeas
- Open the can of chickpeas, rinse and pour into a large bowl.Wash the sweet potatoes, chop into 1-inch chunks, and add to the bowl.Toss both chickpeas and sweet potatoes with coconut oil, salt, pepper and tandoori.Pour all into a cookie sheet, Roast at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes, until potatoes were soft to a fork prick.
- Wash the kale, and massage with spices and coconut oil and lime juice, and steam in a skillet 4 minutes.Serve hot!