Unless you press it into molds, then you’ll have to wait for freezing around 1 hour to get your shape.
Either way, a terrifically healthy, protein-rich treat!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hearts
- Drain can of chickpeas, reserve the chickpea water for aquafaba recipes
Rub the chickpeas in a clean paper towel until shells are removed. This is a bit tedious, but important for texture. I won't tell if you pop a few chickpeas in your mouth while no one is looking.
- Place chickpeas, cashew butter, vanilla, sugar, and salt into food processor.
- Blend up, adding half the water at first to create a smooth, batter texture. Add more to create the texture you want. Note, the flour and cashew butter are not essential but they help create a creamier texture.
- Stir in your chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Serve in a bowl as a dip, in ice cream cones, use in other dessert recipes or press into molds as we did here for a Valentine's Day treat! If you use the silicon mold I linked to above, you don't need to oil it, just press the dough into each heart and freeze about 1 hour and then they pop out easily! I might dip them in chocolate next time, possibilities are endless with these tiny treasures!
Dee Dine is the recipe developer and writer behind Green Smoothie Gourmet. She shares her super healthy wholesome recipes on her blog and her Instagram that she feeds her family and friends. She gravitates toward recipes that are fast to create, plant-based, nutritious, easy, and use familiar ingredients. And chocolate is always a good idea! More about Dee.