Unless you press it into molds, then you’ll have to wait for freezing around 1 hour to get your shape.
Either way, a terrifically healthy, protein-rich treat!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Hearts
- Drain can of chickpeas, reserve the chickpea water for aquafaba recipes
Rub the chickpeas in a clean paper towel until shells are removed. This is a bit tedious, but important for texture. I won't tell if you pop a few chickpeas in your mouth while no one is looking.
- Place chickpeas, cashew butter, vanilla, sugar, and salt into food processor.
- Blend up, adding half the water at first to create a smooth, batter texture. Add more to create the texture you want. Note, the flour and cashew butter are not essential but they help create a creamier texture.
- Stir in your chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Serve in a bowl as a dip, in ice cream cones, use in other dessert recipes or press into molds as we did here for a Valentine's Day treat! If you use the silicon mold I linked to above, you don't need to oil it, just press the dough into each heart and freeze about 1 hour and then they pop out easily! I might dip them in chocolate next time, possibilities are endless with these tiny treasures!