Cinnamon Chunk Pumpkin Muffin Tops.
A healthy satisfying cake-y dessert in a small package! Get your dessert fix, don’t feel full AND contribute to your veggie intake for the day. A win-win!! This recipe is an EASIER variation of my pumpkin donuts with chocolate icing recipe here. Just like that recipe, this one is plant-based and super clean!
Baked Muffin Tops
Cinnamon Chunk Crumble to Add to Batter
- 1/4 cup vegan butter chilled
- 1/8 cup cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt
- 1 Muffin Top Pan (I use this brand)
Make cinnamon chunks
- Chop the butter into small chunks and use a fork to incorporate the chunks in the sugar and cinnamon until you have a cinnamon-y crumble texture. Keeping it a crumble depends on temperature, too warm. Put aside to make batter; refrigerate if room temperature is too warm.
Makes 12 muffin tops
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease your muffin top pan very lightly with coconut oil
- here for a great muffin top pan
- Mix dry ingredients, mix wet, and then incorporate dry into wet, in 2 portions. The batter should be a stiff cake batter - if too dry or wet, adjust carefully with flour or nut milk. Next, carefully stir in cinnamon chunks, not too vigorously, you want them to remain chunks, not dissolved into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into pan circles, bake for 10 minutes or until the knife or toothpick test is clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, pry away from edges gently and then cool on rack.
Dee Dine is founder of Green Smoothie Gourmet, a plant based recipe blog, and author of the recent cookbook, Crazy Healthy with 4 Ingredients . On this blog you’ll find incredibly easy recipes with hidden veggies for anyone wanting to eat healthier, regardless of diet. Dee has graduate degrees in sciences and journalism. More about Dee Dine here.