Vegan Marble IceBox Cookie Nicecream Sandwiches. Delicious icebox cookies, baked and frozen, and sandwiched with a healthy creamy nice cream and dipped into a chocolate coating and sliced almonds.
Cookies (30 cookies)
- 2 cups all purpose flour (can also sub 1 cup coconut flour)
- ¾ cups coconut sugar (I use this brand)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or extract
- 5 tbsp plant milk
- 1/3 cup cacao powder (or black cocoa powder for a deep dark color – I use this brand)
Chocolate Nicecream (makes 3 cups)
- 5 bananas, frozen
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk (I use this brand)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
1. In a large mixing bowl, stir by hand or with handmixer the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt.
2. Add in the flour and baking soda and mix with a hand mixer, adding in up to 2 tbsp plant milk until mixture is texture of playdough.
3. Split dough in half and set aside half on parchment paper.
4. To the remaining half in the bowl, add 1/3 cup cacao powder and mix with handmixer, adding in up to 3 tbsp of plant milk to achieve, again, the playdough texture.
5. Once you have a dough in both flavors, shape each flavor into a long rod. Now take the two flavors and either press them side-by-side or twist them together so that the final chocolate-vanilla dough rod is about the width of a paper towel roll. In fact, I even off the rod by cutting a paper towel cardboard tube open and putting the parchment-wrapped dough rod into it, and squeezing gently so the rod is fairly uniform in shape.
6. Store rod in freezer until ready to bake. I find it easier to handle if has been frozen at least 1 hour before baking.
7. To bake, preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
8. Remove cookie dough roll from freezer, and slice cookies 1/4 – 1/2 inch thick, and place 1 inch apart on a silicon baking sheet.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges. Cool completely.
To make chocolate nice cream:
1. I make the nicecream for these sandwiches after the cookies are made and cooled.
2. Blend up ingredients until the nicecream is creamy and smoothie, and create sandwiches, place on parchment-lined cookie sheet and freeze right away! We freeze overnight so our ice cream sandwich cookies are nice and hard. We dipped ours in a melted chocolate bar and sprinkled almond slivers!