A cauliflower smoothie with the nutritional boost from hidden frozen cauliflower and another secret vegetable that tastes creamy and has a bright tropically fruity flavor.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time5 mins
- 1 cup strawberries (frozen, or use a similar frozen fruit)
- 1/2 cup mango (frozen, or use a similar sweet fruit such as apple or kiwi) This is your sweetener ingredient.
- 1/2 cup cauliflower (either steamed and cooled, or raw riced)
- 1/4 cup cucumber (peeled, about 1/6 of an English cucumber)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (brightens the flavor and increases nutrition)
- 1/2 cup coconut water (unsweetened or use plain water)
- 2 white mushrooms (washed, optional but they add folate)
Prepare the cauliflower in one of two ways:1: Boil or steam fresh cauliflower and then mash it up with a fork. Then refrigerate it until cool before adding to the blender. (Or buy pre-riced cauliflower in freezer section of grocery store)2: Chop raw cauliflower into chunks and grind them up in a food processor or blender to create "rice". Add that directly to the smoothie before blending. This second way might be a bigger challenge on the digestion, just as any raw vegetable is.
Add the ingredients to a high-speed blender. If you only have a regular blender, you might want to be sure the berries are soft, and the cauliflower is steamed.Blend until smooth, taste-test for sweetness, adding more of the sweet fruit if need be. Add more liquid if you want it more liquidy.Serve chilled. Enjoy!
Calories: 89kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 20mg | Potassium: 650mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin C: 135mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg