I say “faux” because no fermentation is involved, so technically it’s not fermented yogurt but I do add probiotics so it’s close! And faster to make. I add a touch of lemon juice to brighten the flavor.
makes about 1 cup
- 1 can (13.6 oz) lite coconut milk (I use this brand)
- 2 tsps probiotic powder/capsules (see tips below)
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup fruit (I served it with cantaloupe slivers here)
Good luck and tag me on Instagram if you make it! Or share to other social media using the share buttons above and below the recipe. Thank you!
Notes on choosing the right Probiotic capsule:
- You want to make sure you have enough live bacteria, I use about 200mg bacteria per 2-3 cups liquid
- Be sure the probiotic contains common fermenting bacteria such as bulgaricus, acidophilus and lactobacillus.
- Vegans need to be careful of lactobacillus because it is grown on a dairy source: I use this vegan brand of probiotic, 1 capsule has about 235mg.