A matcha smoothie bowl, enhanced with grapefruit and jackfruit in a yin yang mix of sweet and savory, that is a powerhouse at boosting memory and energy.
Matcha Smoothie Bowl
This matcha smoothie bowl is both sweet and savory using matcha for the savory and jackfruit for the sweet.
Jackfruit is fascinating because it can be both sweet and savory depending on it's ripeness stage - the riper it is, the sweeter it is. Green young jackfruit is not sweet. Even though normally we'd want to use the sweet version in a smoothie, I used the canned green jackfruit here to make a smoothie that is both sweet and savory.
Want to try your hand at breaking down fresh jackfruit? I warn you, they look like dinosaur eggs and can be as large as 80 pounds! But here, adventurous one, I actually wrote up a detailed jackfruit how-to on how to break down jackfruit and cook a delicious savory pulled pork sandwiches with it.
Pork, you shriek! Do you really think I meant real pork, silly? This is a plant-based vegan recipe blog, haha. No, I treated the jackfruit so it mimics pork and it tastes awesome!
Is Jackfruit Healthy?
Jackfruit contains nearly every vitamin and mineral needed as well as considerable fiber and protein. One cup of jackfruit contains 3 gms of fiber and 3 gms of protein.
The fruit is quite strong in antioxidants, and hold a low glycemic indes so it is useful at blood sugar management. The combo of citrus and jackfruit include skin support, weight-loss metabolism hikes, and digestion assists.
And throw in matcha, and well, the nutrition is just getting silly, haha. Ceremonial matcha provides antioxidants, memory boosts, and higher energy levels.
All in all, a smoothie to daydream over... I hope you enjoy!
Interested in sharing on pinterest? Use this image...
I invite you to keep up with me on: Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Food Gawker | Twitter
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Jackfruit Matcha Smoothie (Sweet & Savory Smoothie)
- 1 ½ cup yogurt, unsweetened
- ½ cup frozen mango
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup jackfruit (use the canned jackfruit that is not yet sweet)
- ¼ cup English cucumber (peeled, chopped)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ceremonial grade matcha powder
- citrus slices for garnish
- Prepare all the ingredients - rinse the jackfruit, peel the cucumber, slice the fruit into shapes and save trimmings for the smoothie mixture.
- Blend up 1 cup yogurt, the lemon juice, cucumber, and jackfruit. Set aside.
- Blend up the other half cup of yogurt with the lime juice, matcha, the mango and any left over trimmings from the citrus (not the peels, haha, the citrus meat)
- Spoon the two sides into either sides of a bowl, top with citrus slices, hemp hearts and almonds! Enjoy!
Do u boil the jackfryit first
Nope! I will put together a jackfruit how-to soon. Dee xx
This smoothie sounds so delicious Dee! Love the spring vibes 😀
Thank you Nadia! that is really sweet! Dee xx
This smoothie bowl looks so refreshing! Love all the citrus and so creative using jackfruit in the smoothie base. I've never tried that before!
Jess, thank you so much! Glad you like this bowl and jackfruit is definitely worth trying in a smoothie, very tropical! Dee xx