Fresh creamy lavender lemon dessert slices the stuff of garden parties, made of healthy vegan ingredients, as well as gluten-free and refined-sugar-free.
Lavender Lemon Cashew Cream Slices. These vegan slices are creamy, lemony, and delicately scented and flavored with lavender. Do you know what that means? Eating one is likely to calm you, reduce your anxiety and help you establish an up-beat, optimistic attitude. The flower also provides iron, antioxidants, and has been proven to have a positive impact on reversing sleep disorders. That is the miracle of lavender in food. And these slices smell and taste “pretty.” Expect your recipients of these cakes to say things like “So creamy, and that flavor, what is it? Can’t put my finger on it..”
Of course the rest of the ingredients have awesome health benefits too, the dates provide fiber, the almond and cashew loads of protein, and many more nutrients. All in all, this raw vegan dessert is an easy winner.
Lavender Lemon Cashew Cream Slices (vegan, gluten-free)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut threads
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Soak 2 1/2 cups of cashews in water at least 4 hours (or overnight), and drain and rinse.Line an 8x4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
Make the Base
- Add 1/2 cup cashews to your blender or food processor, along with other ingredients for the crust. Process until blended well, press into a parchment-lined pan.
I make the crust to be about 1/2 inch tall; some people use a spoon to carefully flatten the surface, making the crust layer even.
Make the Creamy Cashew Filling
- Blend cashews and all ingredients until very smooth. Pour mixture over crust and freeze for 2 hours.
- Lift the cake out of the pan by the parchment. Slice vertically, in 2-inch pieces, running a smooth sharp knife under hot water between every cut. The sides might need cutting too if you want perfectly square sides for presentation.
- Refrigerate slices after that, with a piece of parchment covering the surface to keep it from drying out and cracking. Enjoy your lovely lavender scented slices!
Dee Dine is founder of Green Smoothie Gourmet, a plant based recipe blog, and author of the recent cookbook, Crazy Healthy with 4 Ingredients . On this blog you’ll find incredibly easy recipes with hidden veggies for anyone wanting to eat healthier, regardless of diet. Dee has graduate degrees in immunological nutritional studies and journalism. More about Dee Dine here.