Lemon vegan cheesecake recipe with a delicious creamy tangy flavor and texture using whole plant-based ingredients, no bake, dairy-free, gluten-free and refined-sugar-free.
Lemon Vegan Cheesecake
These healthy lemon vegan cheesecake slices are creamy, tangy lemony, and delicately scented and flavored with lavender.
And they are powerfully nutritious, high in protein, fiber and all the essential nutrients coconuts provide.
Yes, like traditional cheesecake, the calorie count is quite high. But unlike traditional cheesecake there are no bad for you ingredients. If you can’t nuts, this recipe is not for you. But otherwise, you are likely to feel an energy boost and brain-fog lift after indulging.
That’s quite a claim for ‘cheesecake’ so let’s look at the ingredients.
Ingredients in Vegan lemon Cheesecakes
Start with the crust:
1. Nuts - I use crushed almonds or walnuts, or even buckwheat groats (soaked overnight), rolled oats or quinoa (steamed and cooled).
2. Sweetener - maple syrup, dates or nut butter.
Next comes the filling:
1. Cashews - Use unsalted, raw cashews, and soak them for four hours in just boiled water. Or overnight submerged in water in the refrigerator. Strain and rinse to use.
2. Coconut Cream - Refrigerate a can of full fat coconut milk, and scoop out the solid portion, that is the cream to use in this recipe. You'll get about ½ cup per can.
3. Lemon Juice, and Lemon zest - Of course, to bring in the lemon flavor
4. Maple Syrup - The best sweetened, although other liquid sweeteners also work.
5. Culinary lavender
How to Make Lemon Vegan Cheesecakes
1. Soak dates and cashews in boiling water for 3 hours. Strain them, rinse them and pit the dates.
2. In a food processor or a strong blender, process the crust ingredients and press it into a parchment-lined loaf pan.
3. Blend up the filling mixture. Pour it onto the crust.
4. Freeze covered in the freezer for at least 6 hours but overnight is better if you want clean slices.
How Lavender Elevates Lemon Cheesecake
Lavender is often paired with lemon. Both scents are delicate and support each with no clashing.
Eating them together is also beneficial. You can guess that lemon contains vitamin C and is thus a big immune booster.
Lavender also has its benefits. For one, even just smelling it’s scent is likely to calm you, reduce your anxiety and help you establish an up-beat, optimistic attitude.
But eating the flower’s oils also provide traces of iron, antioxidants, and has a positive impact on supporting sleep.
Of course the rest of the ingredients have awesome health benefits too, the coconuts provide fiber, the almond and cashew loads of protein, and all provide many essential nutrients.
How to Store Lemon Vegan Cheesecake
Store covered in the refrigerator for 3 days or freeze for 3 months.
More Vegan Cheesecake Recipes
Are you on Pinterest? Perhaps share this image.
Don't miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
If you try my recipes, please leave a comment and rating below and tag me on your Instagram post with @greensmoothiegourmet so I can see and share your remakes!!
Lemon Vegan Cheesecake
Cashew Cream Filling
- 2 cups cashews (unsalted, soaked 3 hours in just-boiled water, rinsed)
- 1 cup coconut cream (refrigerate 2 cans of full fat coconut milk overnight, skim off the solid portion for this recipe)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 drop lavender culinary oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- Soak cashews in just boiled water at least 4 hours (or overnight refrigerated), and drain and rinse.
- Soak dates in just boiled water at least 1 hour, rinse and pit.
- Refrigerate two full fat coconut milk cans overnight and skim off the solid coconut cream to use in this recipe the next day. Each can should provide about ½ cup of solid cream. Refrigerate the milk for smoothies.
- Line an 8x4-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
Make the Crust
- Add filling ingredients to a food processor or high powered blender. Process until blended well, press into a parchment-lined pan. Even the surface with a glass bottom rubbed with coconut oil to keep it from sticking.
Make Creamy Cashew Filling
- Blend cashews and all filling ingredients until very smooth. Pour mixture over crust and freeze for 6 hours.
- Lift the cake out of the pan by the parchment. Slice vertically, in 2-inch pieces, running a smooth sharp knife under hot water between every cut. The sides might need cutting too if you want perfectly square sides for presentation.
- Refrigerate slices for 3 days with a piece of parchment covering the surface to keep it from drying out and cracking, or freeze for three months.