Learn how to make detox water for weight loss and wellness. This infused water guide provides lists of dozens of healthy plant-based ingredients in dozens of combinations to build nutritional and refreshing infused waters. The ingredients are also labeled with their nutritional strength so this might be the only infused water guide you ever need. Print the list or take a phone screenshot so you know what infused water ingredients to buy at the grocery store.
Detox Water for Weight Loss & Wellness
This is the bible of recipe guides for infused Water to detox and slim down for summer.
Detox waters, or infused waters, have been proven to help control weight, stave off hunger, boost nutrients, and help support memory, brain function, energy, immunity and more!
Weight and hunger control are partially boosted by the added nutrients but also because you are giving your mind and mouth something to do; and what a healthy thing to do, fill your body with all those vitamins and minerals that found their way into your chilled water glass.
What is Detox Water?
Well, you probably know but I’ll explain here anyway: it is any combo of fruits, veggies and herbs immersed in water and steeped in cold for at least 4 hours.
The resulting water is full of flavor, nutrients, and makes it very easy to consume enough water to meet your body’s needs and more.
Below I have listed fruits, herbs and veggies that are excellent options to use to build detox waters to fit your needs.
I have provided at least one aspect they are known to contribute to infused water.
However, each fruit, herb or veggie probably adds more than the key benefit I list. And the nutritional benefit to you drinking more water is a huge bonus.
Is Detox Water Good for Weight Loss?
Yes! According to Healthline, detox water can temporarily raise your metabolic rate so you burn more calories. Drinking two cups can boost your metabolism by one third within one hour!
Which Detox Water is Best for Weight Loss
The best detox water best in weight loss is one involving lemon. I have several flavors below for you to choose from, or try my lemon ginger shot blender recipe if want a powerful boost. Cucumber, apple and grapefruit are next best.
What Can I Use for Detox Water?
Try my ingredient lists below to build your own detox water! Better then buying it because you know the ingredients.
How Does Detox Water Reduce Belly Fat?
Belly fat is stubborn, but lemon detox waters are a strong soldier against it, again boosting that metabolism so you burn off. Lemons also clean out your digestive system via citric acid and a healthy digestion and a strong opponent against belly fat too.
Try my fruit and veggie lists below to build your own detox waters. And that’s not all I give you. How about some unusual detox waters?
Also, another big bonus!
How to Make Chia Water & Oatmeal Water
Did you hear? There is now such a thing as chia water and oatmeal water!
Both are new to the detox game but are proving to be big weight-control options. I provide you with both recipes below! Basically you just blend each with water and strain.
And do you know there is an orange mint (plant) and a chocolate mint (plant) and a lavender mint (plant) and even a banana mint (plant)? Soooo many mints. See this organic grower’s list just for fun.
Oh, and infused water needs an infused water pitcher, right? This infused water pitcher with a built-in strainer strains beautifully, allowing you a nice clear pour.
Can You Make Detox Water From Sparkling Water?
Yes! There is extra sparkle in sparkling infused water.
So check out my sparkling water infused guide here. Sparkling water takes infused water to a whole other level. Start with making home made sparkling water using this awesome sparkling water machine or water carbonator.
Ultimate Infused Water Ingredient List
Fruits and their Benefits in Infused Water
Grapefruit – boosts metabolism, strong weight-loss effect
Apples – fights disease, raises metabolism
Strawberries – fights disease, high in vitamin C
Blueberries – supports bones heart and menopause
Raspberries – supports skin bone and organs
Blackberries – boosts antioxidants, high in vitamin C
Mango – supports skin lungs and red blood cells
Pineapple – supports joints with anti-inflammatories
Coconut Meat, young thai – adds potassium, electrolytes, and sweetness
Oranges – boost vitamin C & folate
Lemon – alkalizes, boosts vitamin C
Lime – supports skin, aids with constipation, adds sweetness
Cherries – supports sleep & de-stresses
Kiwi – system purifier
Honeydew – anti-aging properties
Cantalope – anti-inflammatories
Watermelon – prevents water retention
Passionfruit – adds lovely scent, and anti-oxidants
Herbs and their Benefits in Infused Water
Ginger – supports digestion, reduces appetite
Sage – supports memory, boosts antioxidants
Rosemary – boosts vision and memory
Cinnamon stick – balances sugar, adds scent
Fennel – calms digestive distress
Mint – supports digestive tract
Chamomile – calms nervous system
Lemon balm – adds citrus scent
Lavender – floral scent, supports calm
Basil – adds anti-bacterial properties
Tarragon – boosts mood, high in magnesium
Dill – supports skin, high in essential minerals
Thyme – high in vitamin C
Vegetables and their Benefits in Infused Water
Spinach – provides vitamn K, supports blood and bones
Kale – provides vitamins K , C and A
Cucumber – rehydrates, high in vitamin K
Unusual Herbs & Drinks and Their Infused Water Benefits
Bergamot Mint, sometimes called “Orange Mint” – tastes and smells like mint orange citrus unusually helpful with treating headaches and triggering a calm in the nervous system.
Chia Seeds – adds a wealth of omega-3s, protects the heart, lowers inflammation, boosts the brain
Rolled Oats GF – huge weight control option, staves off hunger, full-fills most of your nutritional needs per meal
My overall recipe details and detox prep tips are below! Happy hydrating on your terms!
Are you interested in more Ginger recipes? Ginger is a great detoxer, as well as an antiseptic. Try these recipes that depend on ginger:
Other Healthy Drinks to Consider
Interested in other healthy drinks? Try these:
Are you on pinterest? You might want to share this guide using this image…
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Ultimate Recipe Guide for Infused Water for Detox & Weight-loss
Fruits to add - Choose One
- 1 Grapefruit
- 1 Apples
- 1 Strawberries
- 1 Blueberries
- 1 Raspberries
- 1 Blackberries
- 1 Mango
- 1 Pineapple
- 1 Coconut Meat
- 1 Oranges
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 1 Cherries
- 1 Kiwi
- 1 Honeydew
- 1 Cantalope
- 1 Watermelon
- 1 Passionfruit
Herbs to add - Choose One
- 1 Ginger
- 1 Sage
- 1 Rosemary
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Fennel
- 1 Mint
- 1 Chamomile
- 1 Lemon balm
- 1 Lavender
- 1 Basil
- 1 Tarragon
- 1 Dill
- 1 Thyme
Vegetables to Add - Choose One
- 1 Spinach
- 1 Kale
- 1 Cucumber
Make an Unusual Infused Water
Create Custom Detox Water
- Combine plain or sparkling water, 1 fruit choice, 1 veggies choice, and a few leaves or stem of an herb, and ice, then hand stir or muddle. Regarding amounts, I general do 1 part fruit/veggie to 4 parts water, but it's your choice.
- A few tips. Green leaves should be cut in strips or hand-massaged to release nutrients, and berries should be squashed, and other fruits finely chopped. Remove rinds on ALL citrus fruits to prevent the water becoming too bitter-tasting.
- Refrigerate the water for at least an hour before drinking so it is nutrient-rich.
- I find the fruit lasts about 2-3 refills of water, and yes, you can eat the fruit as long as it seems fresh to you! Make a few different flavors to give your self choices throughout the day. And try to drink at least 3 glasses of the infused water daily - at least one before each meal to reduce hunger needs.
Make Chia Water and/or Oatmeal Water
To Make Chia Seed water
- Add 1 tbsp chia seeds per 8 oz chilled water, a flavorful fruit like citrus or strawberries, and drink with straw to be sure to speedily ingest the chia seeds. TIP: An unusual replacement is basil seeds. Use as you would chia seeds. They provide nearly identical nutrition.
To Make Oatmeal Water
- Blend 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats, 1 tsp cinnamon, 24 oz of water. Strain, chill and drink as water.
- This provides 3 glasses of water, enough to drink one glass before each meal - this provides you with extra-ordinary nutrition and staves off hunger so you will eat less.
- TIPS: Use the oatmeal residue for smoothies. Some people add 1 tsp of maple syrup to the water, although I personally find the cinnamon flavors it enough. I am still sitting on the fence about this one - I made it and yet my blender is so high powered there was no residue left. Then I added 2 tbsp cacao powder and a date and it was the most delicious chocolate smoothie! But I digress...this was obviously a smoothie, and not oatmeal water. So try oatmeal water, and see what you think. There is an increasingly popular opinion that making pure oatmeal water and drinking it out of the fridge as you would detox water, is an incredibly effective weight control device.
Dee Dine is founder of Green Smoothie Gourmet, a plant based recipe blog, and author of the recent cookbook, Crazy Healthy with 4 Ingredients . On this blog you’ll find incredibly easy recipes with hidden veggies for anyone wanting to eat healthier, regardless of diet. Dee has graduate degrees in sciences and journalism. More about Dee Dine here.