Homemade Mars Bar are easy to make with a 3 ingredient creamy center and a snappy chocolate coating. Ready in 30 minutes.
Homemade Mars Bars are a crispy chocolate shell with a fluffy fudge center, similar to a commercial Mars bars and a Three Musketeers bars. And I put them on a stick, but it's easy to keep them as a bar.
Like my homemade filled chocolates, my thin mints, my coffee chocolates and my chocolate caramel candy bar, these bars are easy to make and use healthier ingredients such as dates, a delicious refined sugar free sweetener.
1. Almond Flour. So high in protein and other nutrients.
2. Medjool dates. Full of fiber and iron.
3. Cocoa powder. Unsweetened chocolate powder or cacao powder, both unprocessed and zippy high in mood-boosting magnesium.
See the recipe card at the bottom for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Steps to Make
For more detail, visit the complete recipe at the bottom of this post, but here are general steps.
Step 1. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, allowing each end to fall over the sides. And soak dates in just-boiled water for 2 minutes to soften and pit.
Step 2. Make date paste. I have a whole post on date paste, but in short you will blend up 10-12 pitted dates with ⅔ cup of water until you have a paste.
Step 3. Add that paste to a blender along with almond flour, cocoa powder, and water and process into a smooth mixture.
Step 4. Press the mixture into a mold or a parchment-lined loaf pan.
Step 5. Freeze for 30 minutes, then if you used a loaf pan, cut bars. Lay the bars on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet, insert lollipop sticks, and freeze for a longer freeze. They won't get rock hard because the dates inhibit freezing.
Step 6. Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for 60 seconds, and dip each stick. Lay the stick on the parchment, and allow to solidify either at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
Store the sticks in a container in the refrigerator for 5 days, or freezer for 3 months.
Other Chocolate Treats
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Homemade Mars Bars
Homemade Mars Bar
- 1 ⅓ cup date paste 12 dates + ⅔ cup water
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ¾ cup water
- Make date paste. Soften 12 dates by dropping them for 2 minutes in a just-boiled cup of water. Pit them and blend them with ⅔ cup of water.
Make Mars Bar
- Blend up the almond flour, cocoa powder and date paste until smooth.1 ⅓ cup date paste, 1 cup almond flour, ¼ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened, ¾ cup water
- Spoon the mixture into molds.
- Freeze for two hours, then remove from molds and insert sticks.
- Lay the bars on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet and return to the freezer for a longer freeze. At least four hours or overnight.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a shallow bowl in the microwave for 60 seconds.1 cup chocolate chips, 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- Stir until all chips are melted, and then lower each bar into the chocolate, using a spoon to make sure all sides are covered.
- Return the bars to the parchment paper, and sprinkle with your choice - salt flakes, festive stars or how about a little gold dust.