A creamy coffee mousse made from four ordinary ingredients, including cashew butter and steamed cauliflower! Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free. So delicious, and completely customizable! Perfect for the holiday treat table.
Coffee Mousse Cups (hidden cauliflower)
Coffee Mousse Cups with hidden caulflower are a lovely way to start the day. A little snack that is full of nutrition. Sometimes I want a traditional breakfast such as yogurt, fruit or cereal. Other times I want a dessert for breakfast, but not one that has no nutritional value and will simple put me back to sleep.
I want to be woken up and energized! These coffee mousse cups are just the ticket.
Now while the primary recipe here is for the coffee mousse frozen in no-bake cups, I have also eaten this mousse just after blending, as a mousse cup or parfait. Very fast way to breakfast.
How Healthy is Coffee Mousse?
Very healthy. My coffee mousse is rich in protein and fiber, perfect for a post-workout snack or just an energizing filling breakfast.
It can be served up in two forms - a creamy parfait to be eaten with a spoon or no-bake snacks to be topped with melted chocolate, nuts and more.
So what's in this versatile healthy mixture? Well, coffee of course. But if you are not a coffee drinker, by all means, add a different flavor, pureed blueberries berries for instance, or a bit of mango, or even just cinnamon.
It's the other two ingredients that carry the bulk of the mousse and they also add most of the nutrition.
Using Cauliflower in Dessert & Breakfast Recipes
So what are these mysterious nutritionally strong ingredients? Steamed cauliflower and cashew butter.
Yes. I said cauliflower. I know it's trending for smoothies and nicecream these days, but it's also perfect in this creamy mousse.
And you can make your own cashew butter, but if you do use store-bought, please be sure the ingredients are only cashews.
So once you create your luscious creamy veggie coffee mouse, what do you do with it?
Well, I make two suggestions. Build a breakfast parfait!
I built my parfait cup with a layer of melted dark chocolate and foamed milk (it is coffee, after all), and a dash of cinnamon -- and that's my delicious, airy breakfast dessert!
Or, make frozen mousse cups in mini paper cupcake cups, and top with chocolate I melted in a microwave, topped with almonds, and created a second healthy snack with this recipe!
Try My Other Vegan Chocolate Treats
Chocolate Bark Recipe with Nutella
Homemade Protein Bars
Chocolate Protein Bars
Vegan White Chocolate
Chocolate Quinoa Scotcheroos
Chocolate Covered Chickpea Snack
Butternut Squash Fudge Recipe
Interested in sharing this cauliflower mousse on pinterest? Use this image...
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Coffee Mousse Cups (hidden cauliflower)
Make the Coffee Mousse
- Steam the cauliflower in the microwave in a bowl with a bit of water on the bottom, and loosely covered. I chop mine finely and microwave about 10 minutes. You can also just buy the prepared frozen cauliflower rice if that's easier for you.
- Blend up the cauliflower, cashew butter, coffee and taste test. If you need the syrup for added sweetness, add it now. Don't eat it all though, although you will be tempted, haha.
- I also sometimes add a tsp of cinnamon, and pinch of vanilla powder but those aren't essential.
Make the Parfait Cups
- I melted a dark chocolate bar, and layered the bottom of three jars, spooned the coffee mousse on top, and foamed milk on the very top with a dash of cinnamon! Served room temperature or cold, either way tastes amazing!
Make the Snack Cups
- I filled mini cupcake paper cups and froze for one hour.
Then I melted a dark chocolate bar and spooned a little on top of each, and sprinkled almond slivers. You can be creative with toppings.
- The parfaits need to be eaten chilled and within one day for top flavor.The snacks can be refrigerated for 3 days to be able to keep them soft enough to grab and bite.OR freeze in an air-tight container for two months. Thaw for 20 minutes before eating.