Almond flour pizza crust topped with arugula, cauliflower and other veggies, dolloped with creamy vegan mozzarella cheese. Vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free.
Almond Flour Pizza Crust
Easy gluten free vegan mozzarella cheese veggie pizza - is that music to your ears?
Gluten free homemade pizza recipes abound on the internet but many have varying rates of success and require use of a combination of flours. Here is a wonderful easy path to a gluten-free pizza - use almond flour as your base.
I topped mine with veggies and a wonderful stretchy vegan mozzarella recipe that tastes so cheesy thanks to nutritional yeast. Nutritional yeast is not only deliciously cheesy in flavor but terrifically healthy, full of essential vitamin Bs.
How to Make Almond Flour Pizza Crust
The two recipes together are fairly easy - the crust dough is stirred up in one bowl, while the stretchy cheese is blend up into a liquid and that liquid warmed up in a saucepan until you have a stretchy delicious cheese ready to plop on top of your pizzas.
And toppings? Well I used veggies, chickpeas, walnuts and arugula, but you can use any topping combo you want!
Other Healthy Pizza Crusts
I recommend you check out my cauliflower pizza crust.
Ready for pizza? Let's go make them! Are you on Pinterest? Perhaps share this image..
Don't miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
If you try my recipes, please leave a comment and rating below and tag me on your Instagram or Facebook post with @greensmoothiegourmet and #greensmoothiegourmet so I can see and share your remakes!!
Almond Flour Pizza Crust
Gluten-free Pizza Crust
- The night before, set ½ cup cashews to soak in water in the refrigerator. The next morning, rinse them and they are ready for the recipe.
- Ready to make pizza? Then begin by preheating oven to 400F.Prepare the pizza pan you choose - I made personal pizzas on 7-inch stones, but you can use a parchment-lined cookie sheet and shape dough in circles.Make flax eggs and set aside for 5 minutes.
Make Pizza Crust
- Combine the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Add the wet ingredients to that and mix until you have a dough that is sticky. Refrigerate for ten minutes so you can handle it better, or just go straight to the next step.
- Press the dough into your pizza pan or create two crusts on your cookie sheet.
- Bake 400F for 8-11 minutes. Look for the edges to be browned and the center to be dryish.
- Remove from oven and set aside while you make the vegan mozzarella.
Make Vegan Mozzarella Cheese
- Blend up all ingredients in a blender until mixture is pureed. It will be air-bubbly and liquidy.
- Pour mixture into a sauce pan on the stove on high heat, not the highest, and stir continually. The mixture will turn lumpy quite quickly and soon be sticky and stretchy! Magical! Turn off stove and go begin to top your pizzas.
- If you want to top them the way I did, spread a layer of tomato sauce, then dollop on 3-5 spoonfuls of vegan mozzarella. At this point, I sprinkle a lot of nutritional yeast, and then top with arugula, peppers, olives, mushrooms and walnuts, and plop on more cheese.
- Bake your pizzas, depending on the size you chose, for about 10 minutes or enough to cook the toppings. Serve and enjoy!!
Dee Dine is founder of Green Smoothie Gourmet, a plant based recipe blog, and author of the recent cookbook, Crazy Healthy with 4 Ingredients and another immunity-boosting smoothie shot book, 4-Ingredient Smoothies + Juices , due out in January 2021. On this blog you'll find incredibly easy recipes with hidden veggies for anyone wanting to eat healthier, regardless of diet. Dee has graduate degrees in sciences and journalism, editor at The Feedfeed and a nutritional expert at WikiHow. More about Dee Dine here.