Another variation on the famous cauliflower pizza, just as fast and easy, with a boost of almond flour and all it’s protein and hormone-balancing strengths.
And you already know I presume that cauliflower is an anti-inflammatory, is an antioxidant rich cancer fighter, boosts heart and brain healthy, and is rich in protein, vitamin C, vitamin K, beta-carotene and boosts optimum digestion and detoxes as well!
Who is ready for pizza?
Cauliflower Almond Vegan Pizza
- .Preheat oven to 400 degrees F with the two personal ceramic pizza stones on the oven rack.
- Make flax eggs (stir together 3 tbsp ground flax seed and 9 tbsp of water)
- Microwave cauliflower rice according to instructions, then squeeze the cauliflower rice in paper towels to remove as much water as possible. I also sometimes dry-brown in a skillet to dry it.
- Now stir that dried cauliflower rice, flax eggs and flour together with a spoon until well mixed. It will seem rather pasty and that's fine! At this point you can add seasonings you have on hand and that you like in a pizza crust - we often add some variation of basil, oregano and nutritional yeast.
- Cut parchment into circles; if you use the ceramic pizza stones I recommend, make them just under the size of the 8-inch ceramic circles.
- Spoon the crust mixture into a circle on the parchment, and use a spoon to flatten and raise the edge like a pizza crust edge. Make sure it is about 1/2" deep in thickness.
- Slide the two pizza crusts onto their respective hot ceramic stones in the oven. Don't burn yourself on the hot stones.
Bake 10 minutes or until they are brown around the edges or as you like it.
Pull out rack with the stones on it, top the pizzas with what you want! We spread on tomato sauce, and topped with chopped tomatoes, peppers, olives, artichokes and lots of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), and then we sprinkled on more nutritional yeast.
Push the rack back in the oven and bake another 5 minutes at 400 degrees F or until toppings are hot.
Enjoy! We serve by grabbing edges of the parchment and sliding a pizza on a dish. So easy!
Dee Dine is the recipe developer and writer behind Green Smoothie Gourmet. She shares her super healthy wholesome recipes on her blog and her Instagram that she feeds her family and friends. She gravitates toward recipes that are fast to create, plant-based, nutritious, easy, and use familiar ingredients. And chocolate is always a good idea! More about Dee.