A healthy cauliflower smoothie with the nutritional boost from hidden veggies, tropical flavor and kid-friendly too. No one will taste the cauliflower and cucumbers in this 4-ingredient frosty sweet smoothie.
This cauliflower smoothie is a sweet creamy smoothie with the bright flavor of mango, and showcases all that cauliflower can do! The addition of cauliflower boosts the smoothie's nutrition and adds a creamy texture. Like my pink pineapple smoothie, this one tastes tropical thanks to coconut water, although plain water is also fine.
How Does it Taste
This cauliflower smoothie tastes fruity and creamy, like a fruit milkshake with a tropical flavor. The cauliflower has a bland enough flavor that it disappears, and just leaves nutrition and a thick creamy texture. The mango and coconut water give it a tropical flavor. The cucumber can add a bit of a green flavor, so for children, I would leave that out.
- strawberries - Fresh or frozen.
- mango - Fresh or frozen. This is your sweetener ingredient.
- cauliflower - Steam and cool, or rice.
- cucumber - Peel or the smoothie will be bitter. This is optional, leave off for children.
- lemon juice - Lemon or lime juice. From a bottle, use organic or fresh.
- coconut water - Use unsweetened coconut water, or milk.
See the recipe card at the bottom for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Step by Step Instructions
For more detail, visit the complete and printable recipe at the bottom of this post, but here are general steps.
Prepare: Choose your favorite form of cauliflower
1: Boil or steam fresh or frozen cauliflower, allow to cool before adding to blender.
2. Add frozen raw cauliflower directly to blender.
3. Add riced raw cauliflower directly to the blender.
step 1: Add the ingredients to a high-speed blender. If you only have a regular blender, you might want to steam and cool the cauliflower.
step 2: Blend until smooth, taste-test for sweetness, adding more of the sweet fruit if need be. Add more liquid if you want it thinner.
step 3: Serve chilled and drink the same day.
1. You can buy riced cauliflower in the freezer section of the grocery store which is convenient and blends well.
2. Feel free to skip the cucumber, and swap the mango for another sweet fruit such as pineapple, or a melon.
3. Freeze the fruits to keep the drink frosty.
4. Don't add any more liquid then necessary to blend; you don't want to dilute your smoothie.
5. I have added 2 white mushrooms sometimes, they add folate. But they also create a foam in the smoothie that might lead to an unpleasant texture.
Cauliflower is incredibly healthy. It's super high in fiber and B-vitamins. And a recent NIH study found that the stuff is full of antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against disease. And it has a ton of fiber that supports weight-loss and digestion. But that's not all.
It tastes like a tropical milkshake especially if you use coconut water. The cucumber can add a bit of a green flavor, so for children, I would leave that out. The cauliflower and mushroom tastes disappear.
As are all my smoothies, this smoothie recipe is vegetarian, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Homemade Creamsicles (Cauliflower)
- Cauliflower Shiitake Stir Fry
- Cauliflower Ice Cream
- Cauliflower Protein Snacks
- Cauliflower Brownies
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
- Be sure the strawberries and mango are frozen.
- Wash the two white mushrooms.
- Prepare the cauliflower in one of three ways:*1: Boil or steam fresh or frozen cauliflower, allow to cool before adding to blender.2. Add frozen raw cauliflower directly to blender.3. Add riced raw cauliflower directly to the blender.1 cup cauliflower
- Add the ingredients to a high-speed blender. If you only have a regular blender, you might want to be sure the cauliflower is steamed and thaw frozen fruit 5 minutes.1 cup frozen strawberries, ½ cup frozen mango, ¼ cup cucumber, ¼ cup lemon juice, ½ cup coconut water, 1 cup cauliflower
- Blend until smooth, taste-test for sweetness, adding more of the sweet fruit if need be. Add more liquid if you want it more liquidy.
- Serve chilled and drink the same day.