A healthy cauliflower smoothie with the nutritional boost from hidden veggies, tropical flavor and kid-friendly too. No one will taste the cauliflower and mushrooms in this frosty sweet smoothie.
This cauliflower smoothie showcases all that cauliflower can do! It's in pizza crusts, brownies, popsicles and now smoothies. The addition of cauliflower boosts the smoothie's nutrition and adds a creamy texture. Sweetened by mango, and made tropical by coconut water, this smoothie is fresh and fun. Love tropical smoothies? Try my Pineapple Smoothie, or even my Smoothie Cubes for a rainbow affair.
- strawberries - Fresh or frozen.
- mango - Fresh or frozen. This is your sweetener ingredient.
- cauliflower - Steam and cool, or rice.
- cucumber - Peel or the smoothie will be bitter. This is optional, leave off for children.
- lemon juice - Lemon or lime juice. From a bottle, use organic or fresh.
- coconut water - Use unsweetened coconut water, or milk.
- white mushrooms - Wash and use raw. These are optional, they add folate.
Steps to Make
Prepare the cauliflower, pick a way.
1: Boil or steam fresh or frozen cauliflower, allow to cool before adding to blender.
2. Add frozen raw cauliflower directly to blender.
3. Add riced raw cauliflower directly to the blender.
step 1: Add the ingredients to a high-speed blender. If you only have a regular blender, you might want to steam and cool the cauliflower.
step 2: Blend until smooth, taste-test for sweetness, adding more of the sweet fruit if need be. Add more liquid if you want it thinner.
step 3: Serve chilled and drink the same day.
1. You can buy riced cauliflower in the freezer section of the grocery store which is convenient and blends well.
2. Feel free to skip the cucumber, and swap the mango for another sweet fruit such as apple or kiwi or pear or another melon.
3. Freeze fruits to keep the drink frosty.
4. Don't add any more liquid then necessary to blend; you don't want to dilute your smoothie.
How healthy is cauliflower?
Cauliflower is incredibly healthy. It's super high in fiber and B-vitamins. And a recent NIH study found that the stuff is full of antioxidants and phytonutrients that can protect against disease. And it has a ton of fiber that supports weight-loss and digestion. But that's not all.
It also has some very hard to find nutrients, including choline, so essential for cognitive functioning, including learning and memory.
How does this taste?
It tastes like a tropical milkshake especially if you use coconut water. The cucumber can add a bit of a green flavor, so for children, I would leave that out. The cauliflower and mushroom tastes disappear.
Is this Smoothie Vegan & Dairy-Free?
As are all my smoothies, this smoothie recipe is vegetarian, vegan, plant-based, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
More Cauliflower Recipes
- Homemade Creamsicles (Cauliflower)
- Cauliflower Shiitake Stir Fry
- Cauliflower Ice Cream
- Cauliflower Protein Snacks
- Cauliflower Brownies
Interested in sharing on pinterest? Use this image...
or this one...
I invite you to keep up with me on: Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Food Gawker | Twitter
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup frozen mango
- 1 cup cauliflower florets, or riced, cooked or raw*
- ¼ cup cucumber peeled
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup coconut water or milk
- 2 white mushrooms (washed, optional but they add folate)
- Be sure the strawberries and mango are frozen.
- Wash the two white mushrooms.
- Prepare the cauliflower in one of three ways:*1: Boil or steam fresh or frozen cauliflower, allow to cool before adding to blender.2. Add frozen raw cauliflower directly to blender.3. Add riced raw cauliflower directly to the blender.1 cup cauliflower
- Add the ingredients to a high-speed blender. If you only have a regular blender, you might want to be sure the cauliflower is steamed and thaw frozen fruit 5 minutes.1 cup frozen strawberries, ½ cup frozen mango, ¼ cup cucumber, ¼ cup lemon juice, ½ cup coconut water, 2 white mushrooms, 1 cup cauliflower
- Blend until smooth, taste-test for sweetness, adding more of the sweet fruit if need be. Add more liquid if you want it more liquidy.
- Serve chilled and drink the same day.
Wow! This is one of the most delicious fruit/veggie smoothies I have ever tasted! Used frozen cauliflower, added some raspberries and hemp hearts too. Thanks for this awesome recipe!
Well you are so welcome! Thank you for sharing..I have a new smoothie + juice book coming out in January you might like! Dee xx
Pre-ordered! So looking forward to it!
That's great news, thank you for pre-ordering!
Why microwave and then cool the frozen riced cauliflower? It can't just be added as-is (frozen, straight from the bag)?
Sure it can, but it's probably raw and can be harder to digest when raw.