Inflammation is at the root of many issues — from sadness to serious illness. So I decided to put at least one anti-inflammatory smoothie into my daily regime.
Of course, the usually suspects that fight inflammation are well-known, including broccoli, spinach, sweet potato, papaya, berries, turmeric, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger, pineapple, cucumber, parsley and more.
I can’t put all those into one smoothie, so I decided to opt for the fruit flavor today.
And I also added a lesser known inflammation fighter, celery seeds.
Inflammation Fighter: Celery Seeds
Celery seeds, which develop off the flowers of the celery plant, can be bought from your grocery spice section. The seeds have long been used in alternative medicine and is known to be a very strong anti-inflammatory. The tiny seeds, which actually taste like celery, are also said to support digestion, detox, and de-bloating effects, according to at least one study. As with all supplements or new ingredients, be careful about possible allergic reactions and certainly consult your medical support person with any questions.
Interested in more easy detox recipes? Here are are few more to try:
- Lemon Ginger to boost your metabolism and mood!
- Smoothie Ice Cube Concentrates for easy speedy make-ahead breakfasts!
- Six 2-ingredient Breakfast Smoothies to drink as is or use as a starting point..
Meanwhile, let’s get on with this fruity inflammation-fighting smoothie, shall we?
Anti-Inflammation Pineapple Pink Smoothie (vegan, DF, GF)
These smoothies have celery seeds, terrific anti-inflammatories and de-bloaters. Find them in your grocery store spice section!
This recipe makes about 3-cups of smoothie mixture
- 2 cups plant yogurt
- 2 tbsp tart cherry juice
- 1 tbsps celery seeds (found in your grocer spice section)
- 1 inch chunk peeled ginger
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup iced water
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1/2 cup strawberries for variation, use blueberries or blackberries
- Blend all, divide into three portions. One portion is white, blend the pinepple into a second portion to create yellow, and blend strawberries into a third portion to create pink build a layered parfait and enjoy chilled! Super inflammation fighter, I promise!