- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 1 cup almond flour (I use this brand)
- 1/2 cup nut milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla powder (I use this brand)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (or melted cacao butter)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- I use this donut mold
1. To increase the cakey texture, swap the almond flour for a gluten-free all purpose flour.
2. To make it nut-free, swap the almond flour with buckwheat flour, though the donut won’t be as cakey in texture.