Enjoy these no bake homemade Snickers cups made with 5 main wholesome ingredients, refined sugar free, a healthy bite-sized snack made in under an hour.
These easy to make Snickers cups are made with wholesome ingredients, including a creamy date nougat filling, almonds and a gluten-free, grain free crust. I love to keep them stashed in the freezer for a chocolatey, energizing treat, just like my Twix cups and my chocolate mint thins.
Why You'll Love These
Just like a Snickers bar. This treat is a bite-sized version of the popular nutty candy bar.
They’re dairy-free & gluten-free. Almond flour is naturally gluten-free, and a great low carb alternative to traditional flours. These are also refined sugar free thanks to the use of date for that luscious caramel nougat filling.
For the crust:
- Almond flour.
- Brown sugar. Use coconut palm sugar for a refined-sugar-free option.
- Flax seed egg. Adds fiber and serves as a binder.
- Coconut oil. Adds nutrients and also a binder.
- Cashew butter. Adds protein, and any nut butter can be used.
For the middle layer:
- Date Nougat. Make this easily by blending these ingredients.
- Dates. A high-fiber refined-sugar-free sweetener.
- Coconut cream. The solid part of a can of full fat coconut milk.
- Flavorings such as vanilla and salt.
The chocolate topping is melted chocolate chips.
See the recipe card at the bottom for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Step by Step Instructions
For more detail, visit the complete and printable recipe at the bottom of this post, but here are general steps.
Step 1: Prepare by soaking dates and then pitting. Preheat oven and line a mini cupcake pan. Make the flax seed egg. Measure out the solid coconut cream from a can of milk.
Step 2: In a bowl, mix up the crust until it looks like graham cracker crust crumbs. Press into the bottom of mini paper cups. Bake 6-10 minutes, and don't burn.
Step 3: In a food processor or blender, mix up date nougat ingredients, spoon onto baked crust.
Step 4: Melt the chocolate, spoon on the top and add almond slivers.
Step 5: Refrigerate to set, about 15 minutes.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
1. Almond flour in the crust can be swapped for rolled oats, but then you'll probably have to use a food processor or blender to mix up the crust.
2. Date nougat can be replaced with a lower calorie and simpler date paste. Here is my date paste recipe.
3. The crust doesn't have to be baked, it can also just be frozen.
Yes, feel free to refrigerate them for 3-4 days or freeze them covered for 3 months.
Yes, you can also use oat flour.
Yes, but the result will be thinner.
More Copycat Candy Recipes
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Homemade Snickers Cups
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Prepare the coconut cream. The can should be chilled a few hours or overnight to separate the cream from the milk. Open the can, spoon the cream into a measuring cup. Save the liquid in the refrigerator for two days to add to smoothies.3 tablespoon coconut cream
- Prepare the dates. Boil water, turn off the heat and pop dates in to soak for 5 minutes to soften. Then pit them.6 medjool dates
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12 cup mini cupcake pan with paper liners
- Make flax seed egg. To make it, stir together 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed, and 3 tablespoon of water. Set aside for 10 minutes.1 flax seed egg
- Into a bowl, stir up all ingredients until combined until you have a crumb that actually looks exactly like graham cracker crumbs.¾ cup almond flour, 2 tablespoon brown sugar, 2 tablespoon coconut oil, 1 tablespoon cashew butter, 1 flax seed egg
- Spoon about 1-2 teaspoon of the crust mixture into each mini cupcake cup.Press flat with your finger.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes or until brown. Watch them! Mine browned too fast. Once browned, set aside to cool. It took mine about ½ hour to cool. You want them cool so the crust stays crunchy after you add the next layer.
Make Date Nougat
- In a blender or food processor, add ingredients. Blend until creamy.3 tablespoon coconut cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, pinch of salt
- Spoon a tablespoon of date nougat onto each cup. Spoon less onto any cups that have double the crust for a less-sweet option. Use your spoon to level the nougat. Sprinkle on almond slivers if you intend to.
Make the Chocolate Top
- Melt the chocolate chips in a 2-cup pyrex measuring cup (or container of your choosing) in a microwave for 60 seconds. Stir to make sure all chips are melted. If not, microwave again for 30 seconds and stir again.½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Spoon the drippy chocolate on to the nougat and sprinkle on almond slivers.
- Put the pan in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to set.
- Ready to eat!