Healthy homemade chocolate chips recipe made with only 3 ingredients that are dairy-free, plant-based and vegan, and using an ordinary rubber pot holder as the mold.
Homemade Chocolate Chips Recipe
Make homemade chocolate chips with 3 ingredients. Wouldn’t it be nice to have homemade chocolate chips on hand that have all the ingredients you trust?
Chocolate chips, especially vegan and dairy-free, are not always easy to come by.
Here is a homemade recipe rich in so many nutrients, but especially high in antioxidants which fight disease and inflammation, and hard-to-come-by magnesium, so important in mood-balancing and more.
And I used a special shortcut for you in the creation of the chip shape that doesn’t involve piping each chocolate chip which can be tedious.
So easy, so fast, and suddenly I am awash in freshly homemade chocolate chips.
I opten use these in my white bean chocolate chip cookie dough recipe. You,however, can use your new homemade chocolate chips on anything you please.
Now I have actually provided you with two ways to make these homemade chips.
One version using cacao butter which is fairly easy to buy either in a supermarket or online.
The other is with cacao paste which produces a deeper chocolate flavor but is an ingredient harder to work with, expensive, and thus harder to find. But if you happen to have or come across cacao paste, I recommend trying it at least once so you can see the taste difference.
Also, by now, also, you realize how customizable these chips are — add in cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange essence…anything you please to make custom flavored chips.
Let’s go make chips!
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
How to: Homemade Dark Chocolate Chips (3-ingredients - vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free)
Recipe option ONE: makes 2 cups
- pinch of salt, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp coffee
- Set a pot of water to boil, and put the measuring cup in the water. Put the cacao butter in the measuring cup and keep stirring until it is completely melted. Do not let water or condensation touch the cacao butter.
- Remove the measuring cup of melted cacao butter from the water, and stir in other ingredients, keeping the maple syrup to 2 tbsp at first. Taste-test to be sure it is sweet enough for you; then add more of the other tbsp of maple syrup if it is not.
- Stir up the entire mixture smooth with a spoon for option one, or possibly a hand-mixer for option two.
- --You can pour the first option recipe onto the silicon potholder, and tip to fill the crevices.
- --You will spread the second option recipe into the potholder crevices using a knife or pastry cutter to smooth and fill. (see image above)
- Put the filled potholder into the freezer, sitting it flat, for at least one hour, then pop the chips out of the mold and store in a jar, covered in the refrigerator.
- Now you have your own homemade chocolate chips. You are welcome.
Dee Dine is founder of Green Smoothie Gourmet, a plant based recipe blog, and author of the recent cookbook, Crazy Healthy with 4 Ingredients . On this blog you’ll find incredibly easy recipes with hidden veggies for anyone wanting to eat healthier, regardless of diet. Dee has graduate degrees in immunological nutritional studies and journalism. More about Dee Dine here.