These easy lemon pies are dairy-free and bright with meyer lemon flavor and a gluten-free crust that tastes like a cookie. Make these pies are elegant personal pies or full size. Either way all you need is your blender and tins.
Easy Lemon Pies
These easy lemon pies are the perfect spring dessert. Dairy-free, gluten-free and nearly no bake. Serve them either as individual pies or a full size pie topped with a fluffy cream. The crust is made of oat flour and literally tastes like a cookie.
Here it is, just what your spring brunch celebration needs, or Mother’s Day brunch, or just a fancy brunch for you alone which is perfect for social distancing!
This easy lemon pie is made in a blender, and is plant-based and healthy too! So whenever you ask the question..
What Can I Do With Fresh Lemons?
Here is your answer! Make these easy lemon pies. They are delicious and healthy.
How healthy you ask?
How Do You Make Pie Crust From Scratch?
In the crust alone we have almond flour with all the nutrition of almonds, which includes fiber, protein and a nutrient makeup powerful enough that just a handful of almonds a day can balance hormones!
Then add in lemon juice and coconut milk, all players contributing immune boosts, hair and skin protection, heart healthy support and even cognitive contributions.
How Do You Make Lemon Pie From Scratch?
This lemon pie is fairly easy to put together – mix up the tart ingredients and chill while you cream the filling ingredients, pour in the tarts and chill until serve. I use my blender to get a fine grain to the crust..
You can toast the tarts to brown the edges if you want to be fancy. And if you can’t find meyer lemons, it’s fine to use traditional.
So easy! So healthy!
Does Lemon Pie Need to Be Refrigerated?
Absolutely until ready to serve. And I love making them ahead and freezing until ready to serve.
And all this from a pretty spring celebration tart – pretty good don’t you think? I hope you enjoy my cheerful fresh tarts!
If you enjoy these lemon tarts, here are two other lemon dessert recipes similarly nutritious and easy to make:
Are you on Pinterest? Perhaps save the recipe there using this image…
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
If you try my recipes, please leave a comment and rating below and tag me on your Instagram or Facebook post with @greensmoothiegourmet and #greensmoothiegourmet so I can see and share your remakes!!
Easy Lemon Pies
Lemon Cream Filling
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (not separated)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- pinch of ground turmeric (optional for color)
- 2 tart pans, I used my mother's vintage tart pans, but I have linked to a more modern version. (More Modern Tart Pans: 4-Inch Tart Pans)
- coconut oil, melted (to rub inside of pans)
- Warm the coconut oil by setting jar in a pot of just-boiled water. Rub the tins with coconut oil, and dust with flour.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Make the Tart Shells
- To a blender, add crust ingredients, and blend until sticky. Press the mixture into 4-inch tart pans or one larger tart or pie pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Set on a wire rack and cool.
Make the Filling
- Pour the coconut cream into a sauce pan on low heat. As surface begins to steam, add in the cornstarch and agar-agar. Stir until agar is completely dissolved.
- Add in maple syrup and lemon juice and raise heat so that the mixture simmers gently for 1 minute.
- Pour mixture into cooled tart and refrigerate at least 4 hours to set. Top with cream and citrus slices.
Dee Dine is founder of Green Smoothie Gourmet, a plant based recipe blog, and author of the recent cookbook, Crazy Healthy with 4 Ingredients . On this blog you’ll find incredibly easy recipes with hidden veggies for anyone wanting to eat healthier, regardless of diet. Dee has graduate degrees in sciences and journalism. More about Dee Dine here.