Dark chocolate peanut butter cups with a dark chocolate cookie base, peanut butter center and creamy chocolate top. These cups with the flavor of Reese's can be made no bake in 15 minutes with only 5 ingredients in a cupcake pan.
These dark chocolate peanut butter cups are a rich, fudgy chocolate treat. These cups have a dark chocolate creamy top on a peanut butter layer all on a dark chocolate cookie crust. This no bake treat takes just 15 minutes to make in a cupcake pan.
No bake chocolate treats are the best to satisfy a chocolate craving and energize, just like chocolate peanut butter fudge, my no bake chocolate peanut butter protein bars, and like my fudge version of a peanut butter cup, these peanut butter fudge cups. Enjoy a chocolate peanut butter cup with a steamy mug of mulled spiced apple cider.
Why You'll Love These Cups
Quick & easy. The recipe is quick to prepare and can be easily molded into cupcake liners. The only challenge is waiting for them to chill.
Wholesome delicious candy cup. Almond flour gives the crust a high fiber base. Pure peanut butter makes the middle filling creamy and protein-rich, while the dark chocolate top has the texture of a fudge. The base of this cookie cup reminds me of my chewy chocolate brownie cookies.
Allergy-friendly & dairy-free. These cups are not only dairy-free but also vegan, paleo, and gluten-free.
almond flour. This gives the cookie base structure and adds protein.
cocoa powder. Use Dutch processed cocoa or even black cocoa to get that dark chocolate color. You can instead use ordinary cocoa, but always unsweetened.
maple syrup. Or use any liquid sweetener.
peanut butter. Use any peanut butter, although brands with only nuts in the ingredients and those marked as organic are healthier.
dark chocolate chips. For the chocolate top. Or dark chocolate bars by HU, or Theo Chocolate.
milk. Any milk works, and helps make the chocolate top creamy.
See the recipe card at the bottom for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Almond flour. Any nut or oat flour will work. Don't use all purpose because this is a no bake recipe and raw all purpose can have bacteria.
Peanut butter. Any nut butter works.
Cocoa powder. Use cacao powder for higher nutrition.
Chocolate chips. Use a dark chocolate bar chopped up instead and the flavor will more resemble dark chocolate peanut butter cups by Justin, and Trader Joe's.
Milk. Add 2 tablespoon of peanut butter instead of the milk to the melted chocolate and stir creamy for a stiffer topping.
Step by Step Instructions
For more detail, visit the complete recipe at the bottom of this post, but here are general steps.
Step 1: Stir up the peanut butter until it is glossy and smooth. Microwave for 15 seconds to loosen it up. Mix up 2 tablespoon of the runny peanut butter, with flour, cocoa, maple syrup and salt ingredients in a food processor or a blender.
Step 2: Press the mixture into liners and flatten surface with the back of a spoon to make the dark chocolate peanut butter cookie base.
Step 3: Spoon the rest of the runny peanut butter on each crust and spread with spoon. Put pan in freezer while you make the chocolate top.
Step 4: Microwave the milk for 15 seconds. Then, microwave the chocolate chips for 1 minute, stir until smooth. Then add the warm milk and stir again until smooth. Spoon topping over peanut butter layer of chilled cups.
If your peanut butter is stiff, microwave it in 15 second increments, stirring between each session.
Measure the base ingredients carefully, but the middle and top ingredients can be measured more flexibly.
You can use mini cupcake pan and adjust the measurements so you are making copycat Reese's Minis peanut butter cups.
Yes, if you use a mini cupcake pan, you can make peanut butter mini cups.
Dark chocolate cups have higher levels of antioxidants due to the high cacao content of the chocolate, so are healthier.
These dark chocolate peanut butter cups have 275 calories per cup, with the majority from the healthy fats from almond flour and peanut butter.
Other Peanut Butter Recipes
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Dark Peanut Butter Chocolate Cups
- bowl, spoon
- food processor or blender
- muffin tin, lined with paper liners
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder Dutch processed or black or traditional
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup peanut butter natural brand
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Line cupcake tin with liners
- Stir up the peanut butter until it is glossy and smooth. Microwave for 15 seconds to loosen it up.
- Blend up 2 tablespoon of the runny peanut butter, with flour, cocoa, maple syrup and salt ingredients in a food processor or a blender. Press the mixture into liners and flatten surface with the back of a spoon.1 cup almond flour, 2 tablespoon cocoa powder, 2 tablespoon maple syrup, pinch of salt
- Spoon the rest of the runny peanut butter on each crust and spread with spoon. Put pan in freezer while you make the chocolate top.½ cup peanut butter
- Microwave the chocolate chips for 1 minute, stir until smooth. Then add the warm milk and stir again until smooth.1 cup chocolate chips
- Separately, microwave the milk for 30 seconds to warm.¼ cup milk
- Add the milk to the chocolate chips and stir until creamy.
- Spoon topping over peanut butter layer of chilled cups.
- Refrigerate for 5 minutes to set the chocolate top, or freeze depending on how hard you want your cups to be.
- Serve chilled, sprinkled with flaky sea salt.