This protein bite blueberry recipe is the perfect energizer. Blueberries are super high in anti-oxidants, paired with high-protein white beans, we have a work-out snack that will help you power through your day.
Protein Bite Blueberry Recipe
This 2-ingredient protein bite blueberry recipe is easy to make and wildly nutritious.
White beans are full of protein, fiber and a slew of other nutritional benefits. These include potassium and iron; thiamine for a boost to your cognitive abilities; heart-supporting folate and magnesium, and copper to fight inflammation.
How Healthy are Blueberries?
Meanwhile, blueberries are one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. They are high in antioxidants and great for weight-loss. Blueberries also support brain health, reduce inflammation, ease digestion and contribute to heart health.
Therefore, these two are the perfect match to create these energizing blueberry smoothie bites!
I choose to use organic canned beans though I’m sure freshly cooked beans would work as well.
If you use canned, be sure to use organic, to be sure the beans don’t have additional ingredients. And I choose unsalted so I can control the sodium.
How To Make This Protein Bite Blueberry Recipe
Easy, just open a can of BP-free, organic white beans, rinse and add to a blender. Add the blueberries and lemon or lime juice and blend! Pour into silicon molds of any shape and freeze overnight. We love to keep a stash of these in the freezer and pop them during the 3 pm slump!
How Nutritious are These Protein Bites?
Well, these blueberry and white bean bites are rich in:
-nutrients that support shiny hair
-thiamine for a boost to your cognitive abilities
-folate that supports the heart
-magnesium to support your sleep
-and many nutrients including copper to fight inflammation and antioxidants galore!
Try More of My Protein Snacks
- Chocolate Protein Workout Snacks
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Strawberry Protein Energy Snack
- Cantaloupe Carrot Protein Bites
- Dragon Fruit Protein Bites
- Protein Bite Blueberry Recipe
- Tropical Protein Cauliflower Snacks
- Cashew Spirulina Protein Snack
- Butterfly Pea Flower Protein Bites
Interested in sharing on pinterest? Perhaps use this image…
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Protein Bite Blueberry Recipe
- 1 can (15oz/425gms) white beans (navy beans, organic & precooked - I have used Eden and Whole Foods 365 brand)
- 1 cup blueberries
- Rinse the white beans, and wash the berries, and pop them both in the blender.
- Blend up until creamy. Add some water if your blender asks you to loosen it up. (Yes, my blender (Blendtec - Designer series) talks to me, haha!)
- Pour into molds or mini cupcakes papers, freeze an hour (or longer depending on your freezer temperature) and then eat! Keep frozen until ready to eat, and ours lasted at least 3 days.
Dee Dine is founder of Green Smoothie Gourmet, a plant based recipe blog, and author of the recent cookbook, Crazy Healthy with 4 Ingredients . On this blog you’ll find incredibly easy recipes with hidden veggies for anyone wanting to eat healthier, regardless of diet. Dee has graduate degrees in biology, immunology and journalism. More about Dee Dine here.