This pink frosty protein strawberry snack, with only 2 ingredients, is a grab-and-go snack full of protein, fiber and a slew of other nutritional benefits, and sweet with fresh strawberries.
Protein Strawberry Snack
Popping this strawberry protein energy snack before a workout gives me more energy during the workout, and is quick to restore my energy after.
So I am a big fan of protein snacks. Snacks are best that have a bit of fruit and protein, and yet don't make me feel full. This pink protein snack is vegan, gluten-free and oil-free: just strawberries and white beans.
Yes, white beans again! Isn't that amazing?
These white beans are sneaking themselves into everything in my kitchen! But with good reason.
How Healthy are White Beans?
These tiny white packages are full of protein, fiber and a slew of other nutritional benefits. These include:
- potassium and iron, good for shiny hair among other effects
- thiamine for a boost to your cognitive abilities
- heart-supporting folate and magnesium, and
- copper to fight inflammation and..
- antioxidants galore!
And just as I found with my white bean chocolate chip cookie dough, this bean, normally found in savory dishes such as chili, is the perfect partner. Used in this 2-ingredient snack, they allow the strawberry to carry the sweetness and flavor!
I chose to use organic canned beans though I’m sure freshly cooked beans would work as well.
If you use canned, be sure to use organic, to be sure the beans don’t have additional ingredients. And I chose unsalted so I could control the sodium.
Is This Strawberry Snack Nutritious?
Sometimes snacking implies eating treats that are processed or not good for you, but actually healthy snacks are an important aspect to a healthy diet.
They provide energy in the middle of the day or provide recovery nutrition after a workout. A healthy snack can also reduce your hunger needs and keep you from overeating at meal time.
How To Customize This Snack
The customization possibilities are endless with this recipe. We can try other fruits or coat these in healthy chocolate! Here are a few other protein snack recipes that I created. Some use white beans, one uses cashews.
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Chocolate Protein Workout Snacks
- Strawberry Protein Energy Snack
- Cantaloupe Carrot Protein Bites
- Dragon Fruit Protein Bites
- Protein Bite Blueberry Recipe
- Tropical Protein Cauliflower Snacks
- Cashew Spirulina Protein Snack
- Butterfly Pea Flower Protein Bites
I hope you enjoy my protein energy snack recipe ! Interested in sharing on pinterest? Perhaps use this image...
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
Protein Strawberry Snack
- 1 can (15oz/425gms) white beans (navy beans, organic & precooked - I have used Eden and Whole Foods 365 brand)
- 1 cup fresh strawberries (the riper they are, the sweeter the bites will be)
- Open the can of white beans, and rinse them. Trim and wash the strawberries.
- Pop them both in the blender. Blend up until creamy.
- Pour the mixture into molds or mini cupcakes papers.Freeze for an hour (or longer depending on your freezer temperature) , remove from mold and eat!
- Keep frozen until ready to eat, and ours lasted at least 3 days.
Dee Dine is founder of Green Smoothie Gourmet, a plant based recipe blog, and author of the recent cookbook, Crazy Healthy with 4 Ingredients and another immunity-boosting smoothie shot book, 4-Ingredient Smoothies + Juices , due out in January 2021. On this blog you'll find incredibly easy recipes with hidden veggies for anyone wanting to eat healthier, regardless of diet. Dee has graduate degrees in sciences and journalism, editor at The Feedfeed and a nutritional expert at WikiHow. More about Dee Dine here.