These frosty cantaloupe carrot protein bites are made of 3-ingredient and white beans to boost your energy, your mood and control cravings.
3-Ingredient Cantaloupe-Carrot Pre-workout Protein Bites (White beans, Vegan)
White beans make the perfect protein snack – great to support a workout or just a busy day!
They hold a wealth of B vitamins, including B12, as well as iron, potassium, zinc, and of course protein, and fiber. This all contributes to feeling full and energized, shiny hair and healthy skin, a boost to cognitive abilities; and support fighting inflammation and boosting your mood!
Beans are certainly a win-win in the nutritional department.
And combined with cantaloupe and carrot, oh my. I have to sit down, the benefits of these frosty cantaloupe carrot protein bites are so mind-boggling.
How Healthy is Cantaloupe?
Cantaloupe is rich in vitamin C and vitamin A, as well as potassium and B vitamins.
And carrots, sometimes considered the perfection veggie nutritionally, have it all, including beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin K, potassium and antioxidants and more.
As I have said on my previous protein bite recipes, I choose to use organic canned beans though I’m sure freshly cooked beans would work as well.
If you also choose to use canned, be sure to use organic, and to be sure the beans don’t have additional ingredients. And I choose unsalted so I can control the sodium.
I hope you are enjoying my recipes using white beans, they really are such a perfect white palate for nutritious easy recipe.
Like working with white beans? Here are three other recipes that use them:
- –2-ingredient Strawberry Protein Preworkout Bites
- –White Bean Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- –3-Ingredient Chocolate Protein Bites
Enjoy your workout and day! Interested in sharing on pinterest? Use this image…
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
3-Ingredient Cantaloupe-Carrot Pre-workout Protein Bites
Frosty 3-ingredient snacks made of cantaloupe, carrots and white beans to boost your energy, your mood and control cravings.
- 1 can (15oz/425gms) white beans (navy beans, organic & precooked - I have used Eden and Whole Foods 365 brand)
- 2 cups cantaloupe chopped (the riper it is, the sweeter your bites)
- 1 cup carrots shredded or diced
- Silicon Molds (I find mine from many places but here is one useful set)
Rinse the white beans, chop both the cantaloupe and carrots. Pop the beans and cantaloupe in a high-speed blender.
Blend beans and cantaloupe until creamy. If your blend screams "cavitation!", you might have to add a few tablepoons of water.
- Next, add the carrots and blend until creamy.
- Pour into molds or mini cupcakes papers, freeze for a few hours or overnight. Keep frozen until ready to eat, and ours lasted at least 3 days. And the possibilities are endless with this recipe, right? We are planning on trying many other fruit/veggie combos in the future!
Dee Dine is the recipe developer and writer behind Green Smoothie Gourmet. She shares her super healthy wholesome recipes on her blog and her Instagram that she feeds her family and friends. She gravitates toward recipes that are fast to create, plant-based, nutritious, easy, and use familiar ingredients. And chocolate is always a good idea! More about Dee.