Wellness shots that you make in your blender with things like Turmeric, Cayenne Shot, Tarragon, Beets and more. Boost your day with two easy ounces!
5 Quick Fix Blender Shots with ACV – Lemon – Ginger – Beets – Goji – Tarragon
Want to have a great morning? Change your pH with one of these quick fix shots!
You see, while you sleep, your body is busy collecting toxins, making your body more acidic first thing – so, depending on how many toxins your body cleaned up, you might feel anywhere from a bit off to inexplicably terrible first thing in the morning.
Well, there is a fix for that – a quick alkalizing shot to balance off that acidity. And coincidentally, I have just the recipes below!
And, depending on the recipe you choose, there will be more than just alkalizing going on, these shots also boost your energy, assist with digestion, help the body heal, reduce stress, clear skin, gloss hair, and so much more. Try it and see!
The first one actually boosts your morning mood within 3 seconds flat! It works!
Here are all the beneficial details per shot recipe:
1. ACV + Lemon + Turmeric + Cayenne Pepper Shot
Not only does it alkalize, but the ACV is an appetite suppressant, soothes aches and pains, helps with headaches, and actually will boost your mood within seconds after you drink it. That’s what I call beneficial! The Lemon is a digestive booster, and the Turmeric + Pepper eases inflammation, boosts metabolism and a 1-ounce shot is actually said to have the same positive impact as a 1/2 hour of exercise. Take this shot each morning for a fantastic daily boost!
2. ACV + Pineapple + Ginger Shot
Not only does it alkalize, but the ACV is an appetite suppressant, soothes aches and pains, helps with headaches, and actually will boost your mood within seconds after you drink it. Ginger aids digestion and detoxes, while the fresh Pineapple also decreases inflammation and flushes toxins out of body with a substance called bromelain. Take this shot to replenish missing nutrients after a hard exercise routine, a stressful day, or a hard night partying.
3. Tarragon Shot
Not only does it alkalize, but Tarragon is an excellent source of magnesium, iron, zinc, calcium, as well as vitamins A,C and B-6, and a potent source of antioxidants that help to neutralize disease-causing free radicals. Take this shot to replenish missing nutrients after a hard exercise routine, a stressful day or a hard night partying.
4. Beetroot Shot
Not only alkalizes, but Beets are known to boost stamina, lower blood pressure, fight inflammation, and detox. Take this shot before your workout, before working hard with family, job or both, or anytime of day! (I use this brand beetroot powder)
5. Goji Berry + Lemon Shot
Not only alkalizes, but Goji berries provide antioxidants, immunity boost, disease protection, health skin, boosts eye health, stabilizes blood sugar, cleans liver, boosts mood, energy and fertility. Lemon, of course, cleanses and boosts immunity, as well as wakes you up! Wow, do you agree this shot is not an option? Or if you can’t make the shot, at least eat the berries – 1/4 cup a day to receive all the benefits above ! (I use this brand for organic Goji berries)
Interested in sharing on pinterest? Use this image…
Don’t miss a thing, subscribe here to get recipes delivered to your inbox!
5 Quick Fix Blender Shots to Boost Metabolism & Mood
These easy Wellness shot recipes can be mixed in a blender, and tackle issues like brain fog, immunity, inflammation, hormone balances, energy and even lift your optimism !
ACV + Lemon + Turmeric + Cayenne Shot
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (Also called ACV)
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- pinch of cayenne or black pepper (necessary to allow the beneficial curcumin in turmeric to be absorbed fully)
- 2 ounces water
ACV + Pineapple + Ginger Shot
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- fresh ginger, 2-inches (peeled, chopped, pressed for juice using a garlic press)
- 1/2 cup pineapple, fresh or frozen, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh tarragon leaves (See how to make tea below)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup raw beet, finely chopped or 1 tsp beet powder
- 1 cup water
Goji Berry + Lemon Shot
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Goji berries (See how to make tea below)
- 1 cup hot water
How to Make Recipes Involving Pineapple
- Combine ingredients in a blender.
How to Make All Other Recipes
- Combine ingredients in a cup and stir.
How to make the concentrated Tarragon shot
- Pour 1 cup of hot water over 1 cup chopped fresh Tarragon leaves, let sit covered 20 minutes, strain off leaves and keep the liquid - that is your shot. Refrigerate.
How to make the concentrated Goji berry shot
Pour 1 cup of hot water over 1/2 cup Goji berries, let sit covered 20 minutes, strain off berries (but keep them, air dry in a bowl, and eat them like raisins!), keep liquid, and add in the lemon juice. This is your shot. Refrigerate.
How to Drink Shots
- Conventional wisdom recommends drinking at least 2 ounces of one shot a day, or more if you'd like. Some recipes make more than a daily 2-ounces so the blender has enough substance to blend - if so, just store in the frig a few days out. Feel free to double the blender recipes if your blender needs more substance to blend.
- Drink the shots with a straw to protect teeth from enamel damage by ACV or lemon, and staining by turmeric and beetroot. One last tip, follow any shot with an orange or lime slice as a palate cleanser..
Dee Dine is the recipe developer and writer behind Green Smoothie Gourmet. She shares her super healthy wholesome recipes on her blog and her Instagram that she feeds her family and friends. She gravitates toward recipes that are fast to create, plant-based, nutritious, easy, and use familiar ingredients. And chocolate is always a good idea! More about Dee.