Make this caramel frappuccino can be made in five minutes, will cost pennies with healthier ingredients that are protein packed and refined sugar free. A homemade frappuccino for kids and adults.
How to make a caramel frappuccino that is both nutritious and delectable, easy to prepare, and made with only a few ingredients. This healthier beverage is made with four simple base components: milk, nut butter, dates or date syrup, and chocolate syrup. And the best part? Like my chocolate zucchini smoothie, my healthy chocolate smoothie and my strawberry smoothie, it's packed with essential nutrients, yet still boasts a scrumptious flavor.
I add my chocolate sauce to my caramel frappuccino instead of coffee, but you can use coffee or other forms of chocolate like chips, bars, or cocoa. Taste test and add dates if needed.
Why You'll Love This Frappe
1. It's only 3 base ingredients and they are less expensive than buying a McDonald's frappe or a Starbuck's caramel frappuccino.
2. It only takes a few minutes to make and you can double or triple the recipe easily depending on how many you need to serve.
3. The drink will make you feel great and energized, without the high-sugar drop other drinks will give you. It is sweetened from nature's best caramel made from date paste. Dates are high in magnesium and fiber, and the healthy fat is from nut butter, super high in nutrition.
1. Dairy-free milk and frozen milk cubes.
2. Dates or maple syrup. I use dates as a healthy caramel but maple syrup works too. Dates alone or blended into a date paste.
3. Nut butter. I used peanut butter.
4. Chocolate syrup or brewed coffee. You can use homemade or store bought.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Steps to Make
You can grab the detailed recipe in the bottom of this post, along with a video. Here is a general review of the steps.
Start by gathering or preparing the ingredients.
1. Freeze milk into ice cubes.
2. Blend the milk cubes, dates or maple syrup, peanut butter until smooth. Add a bit more milk if the mixture needs it to blend.
3. Decorate sides of glass with date syrup or maple syrup lashings.
4. Store the frappe in a sealed container in the fridge for about 2 days.
Tips & Substitutions
1.Replace the chocolate syrup with brewed coffee at a ratio of 1 to 1. Use decaffeinated coffee if you need decaf.
2. Replace the chocolate syrup with another form of chocolate such as chocolate bars or chips, or even unsweetened cocoa.
3. Use whole dates, or date paste (1 pitted date = 1 tablespoon date paste), or date syrup or maple syrup.
4. Use any milk you choose, I used oat milk.
5. Top your milk with spices or whipped cream or both. I whipped up coconut cream from a can with a few tablespoons of powdered sugar.
A Starbucks frappuccino is made of coffee, milk, and ice. This healthier caramel frappuccino is made of chocolate, nut butter, milk and dates.
Yes, this frappuccino does not have coffee and has melted chocolate instead.
A caramel frappe is a blended ice drink served with whipped cream topping and made with milk, caramel, chocolate or coffee and ice. Commercial versions are available at McDonald's and as well as the famous commercial Frappuccino, an iced cappuccino-based milkshake made famous by Starbucks.
More Healthy Drinks
If you tried this recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how it went in the 📝 comments below. Thanks for visiting!
Caramel Frappuccino (Starbucks copycat)
- Freeze a creamy milk into ice cubes, I used oat milk but almond or coconut milk is also creamy
- If using dates, drop them in just-boiled water for 5 minutes before pitting them.
Make Caramel Frappe
- Place the milk cubes, dates or maple syrup and nut butter in a blender and process until smooth.2 cups dairy free milk, 3 frozen milk ice cubes, 3 dates or 2 tablespoon of maple syrup, 1 tablespoon nut butter, 3 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- Decorate sides of glass with maple syrup or date syrup lashings, maybe a bit of whipped cream, and add chocolate to the bottom. Fill with the frappe mixture.
- Top with whipped cream and a drizzle of syrup.
- Store the frappe in a sealed container in the fridge for about 2 days. Or freeze in ice cube trays, Add a few cubes to a glass the night before, refrigerate and stir up the next day.